Dr. Abdulrauf Adebayo
Research Engineer III, CIPR
Dr. Adebayo joined CIPR on March 10, 2015. His experience is essentially focused on geological CO2 sequestration, CO2-EOR, petrophysics, and multiphase flow in porous media. From 2016 till today he has been an assistant research professor at CIPR.
- Ph.D., Petroleum Engineering, KFUPM, KSA, 2015.
- M.S., Petroleum Engineering, University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria, 2007.
- B.S., Petroleum Engineering, Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, 2004
Multiphase flow in porous media, Petrophysics, EOR, CO2 Sequestration, and Geomechanics.
- Adebayo Abdulrauf Rasheed, Al-Yousef Hasan Y., and Mahmoud Mohammed (2015). An Experimental Investigation of the Use of Combined Resistivity and Temperature Logs for Scale Monitoring In Carbonate Formations during CO2 Sequestration J. Energy Resour. Technol. 137, 032202 (11 pages); Paper No: JERT-14-1183; doi:10.1115/1.4028772.
- Abdulrauf Rasheed Adebayo, Hasan Y. Al-Yousef, Mohamed A. Mahmoud (2015), An investigation of the effect of CO2–brine–rock interaction on determination of Archie’s saturation exponent for carbon dioxide evaluation in carbonate reservoirs, Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, Volume 133, Pages 665-676, ISSN 0920-4105.
Dr. Jun Li
Research Engineer III, CIPR
Dr. Li has been assuming the role of a research engineer III since May 2014 at the Center for Integrated Petroleum Research (CIPR). Before that, he had served as a research scientist III from Dec. 2012 to Dec. 2013 at Numerical Porous Media Center, KAUST, KSA. He had independently proposed the DSBGK method to efficiently and accurately solve the BGK equation and developed the MPI Fortran software NanoGasSim using the DSBGK method for the study of shale gas permeability and gas flows in MEMS at high Knudsen (Kn) number.
- Ph.D., Fluid Mechanics, Institute of Mechanics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2009.
- M.S., Thermal Energy, and Power Engineering, Tsinghua University, 2006.
- Thermal Energy and Power Engineering, North China Electric Power University, 2004.
Monte Carlo molecular simulations of shale gas at pore-scale; LBM simulations of two-phase flows in porous media at pore-scale and turbulence; MCMC molecular simulations of phase-coexistence properties of mixtures; and Fortran MPI software developments (e.g. NanoGasSim).
- Jun Li, Multiscale and Multiphysics Flow Simulations of Using the Boltzmann Equation, Springer, 2020
- Jun Li, “Efficient prediction of gas permeability by hybrid DSBGK-LBM simulations,” Fuel, 250: 154-159, 2019.
- Minh Tuan Ho, Jun Li, Lei Wu, Jason M. Reese, Yonghao Zhang, “A Comparative Study of the DSBGK and DVM Methods for Low-speed Rarefied Gas Flows,” Computers & Fluids 181:143-159, 2019.
- Jun Li, Donald Brown, “Upscaled Lattice Boltzmann Method for Simulations of Flows in Heterogeneous Porous Media,” Geofluids, ID 1740693, 2017 (invited).
- Jun Li, Victor M. Calo, “Phase-coexistence Simulations of Fluid Mixtures by Markov Chain Monte Carlo Method Using Single-Particle Models,” Journal of Computational Physics 249: 233-248, 2013.
- Jun Li, “Comparison between the DSMC and DSBGK Methods,” arXiv:1207.1040 [physics.comp-ph], 2012.
Awards & Honors
- Best Poster at the 4th TU-SNU-UT Joint Symposium, Univ. of Tokyo, March 12-13, 2010.
Dr. Weiqing Chen (Jerromy Chan)
Research Engineer III, CIPR
- March, 2017 – Present: KFUPM
- November, 2014 – January, 2016：Schlumberger.
- December, 2010 – November, 2014: Drilling & Production Engineering Technology Research Institute of CNPC Chuan-qing Drilling Engineering Corporation.
- April, 2007 – December, 2010: Post-Doctoral Research Center of Sichuan Petroleum Administration Bureau of CNPC (China National Petroleum Corporation).
- 2007-2009 Postdoctoral Research Station of Drilling & Production Engineering Technology Research Institute of CNPC Chuan-qing Drilling Engineering Company, Ltd., Post-doctor.
- 2004-2007 Petroleum Engineering College of Petroleum University of China (East China), doctoral candidate.
- 2001-2004 Petroleum Engineering College of Petroleum University of China (East China), master degree candidate.
- 1997-2001 Petroleum Engineering College of Petroleum University of China (East China), bachelor candidate.
- Drilling Engineering
- Mingbo Wang, Yaliang Guo, Weiqing Chen. “Effect of Solid Particles on the Lost Circulation of Drilling Fluid: A Numerical Simulation”. Powder Technology. (2020) 363: 408-418.
- Abdulmalek Ahmed, Ahmed Abdulhamid Mahmoud, Salaheldin Elkatatny, Weiqing Chen. “The Effect of Weighting Materials on Oil-Well Cement Properties While Drilling Deep Wells”. Sustainability. (2019), 11(23), 6776. https://doi.org/10.3390/su11236776
- Nu Lu, Jian Hou, Yongge Liu, Maria A. Barrufet, Yajie Bai, Yunkai Ji, Ermeng Zhao, Weiqing Chen, Kang Zhou. “Revised Inflow Performance Relationship for Productivity Prediction and Energy Evaluation Based on Stage Characteristics of Class III Methane Hydrate Deposits”. Energy. 189, 116211 (2019). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2019.116211
- Yuqiang Xu, Mengna Jiang, Zhichuan Guan, Weiqing Chen. “Analysis and determination method of addition mud density in casing program design”. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering. (2019) 184. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.petrol.2019.106503
- Jintang Wang, Baojiang Sun, Weiqing Chen, Jianchun Xu, Zhiyuan Wang. “Calculation model of unsteady temperature-pressure fields in wellbores and fractures of supercritical CO2 fracturing”, Fuel. (2019) 253:1168-1183. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fuel.2019.05.111
Awards & Honors
- April, 2013 – Honored with the first session of “Ten Excellent Youth Pacesetter” of CCDC (CNPC Chuan-qing Drilling Engineering Company, Ltd.)
- January, 2013 – Honored with the first prize of Progress Prize in Science & Technology of CCDC because of the distribution for R & D project of CQEMWD- I Wireline Relayed Measurement While Drilling Sys.
- May, 2011 – Honored with the first session of “Top Ten Excellent Youth” of Drilling & Production Engineering Technology Research Institute of CCDC.
- April, 2011 – Honored with the first prize of Progress Prize in Science & Technology of CCDC because of the distribution for research project of Trajectory Controlling Technology Research on Directional & Horizontal Gas Drilling.
- November, 2010 – Honored with the first prize of First Session “Technological Achievements Reporting in English Competition” of Drilling & Production Engineering Technology Research Institute of CCDC.
- October, 2010 – Honored with the first prize of Progress Prize in Science & Technology of South-west Oil & Gas Company because of the distribution for research project of Research on Horizontal Gas Drilling Matched Technology.
- February, 2009 – Honored with Excellence Award of “2008 CCDC Drilling & Completion Technological Papers Competition”.
- June, 2008 – Honored with the first prize of Progress Prize in Science & Technology of CCDC because of the distribution for research project of Research on Directional Drilling with Gas Technique.
- November, 2005 – Honored with the third prize of Excellent Science & Technology Achievement Prize of Petroleum University of China (East China) for the distribution for research project of Fast Drilling Technology Research on Deep Well in Complex Geo-structure.