Jafar Sadeq Al Hamad
Research Assistant, Laboratory Technical Support & Services
Mr. Al Hamad is a very active young research assistant and served exceptionally to advance the Petroleum Engineering academic community. He nurtured from lab technician “2018 – 2021” and managed foundation of various labs to make industry impact. He oversees HSE, produced best practices and SOPs and passionately train faculty, undergrad and grad students. His leadership and support attributed to substantial new knowledge in research and publications.
- B.S. in Petroleum Engineering, King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals – 2008-2014
- Enhance Oil and Gas Recovery
- Rheological Applications
- Gas Storage
- Saikia, T., Sultan, A. & Al Hamad, J.S. Effect of mixing method on the rheokinetics of pickering emulsified gel system used as disproportionate permeability reducer. Rheol Acta 59, 875–885 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00397-020-01249-x
- Olalekan S. Alade, Dhafer Al Shehri, Mohamed Mahmoud, Esmail M.A. Mokheimer, Jafar Al Hamad, Muhammad Shahzad Kamal, Ayman Al-Nakhli, K. Sasaki, A novel technique for heavy oil recovery using poly vinyl alcohol (PVA) and PVA-NaOH with ethanol additive,Fuel,Volume 285,2021,119128,ISSN 0016-2361, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fuel.2020.119128
- Malki, Faisal Al, Alade, Olalekan, Hamad, Jafar Al, Shehri, Dahfer Al, and Mohamed Mahmoud. “Improved Viscosity Model for Bitumen-Solvent Binary Mixtures.” Paper presented at the International Petroleum Technology Conference, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, February 2022.doi: https://doi.org/10.2523/IPTC-22561-EA
Research Assistant, CIPR
- M.S. Geology & Geophysics Missouri University of Science and Technology, USA, 2016.
- B.S. Geophysics King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals, KSA, 2012.
- Rock mechanics
- Seismic interpretation, stratigraphy & petrophysics
- Near-surface geophysics
Nadeem Ahmed Syed
Research Assistant, CIPR
Started career as R&D Engineer at Dynamics International (PVT) Ltd. Pakistan in 1992. Worked as Manager Services in AMS/BMS in Pakistan from 1996 to 2010 managing Services of Analytical/Life Sciences Instruments. Worked as Service Supervisor at Naizak in KSA from 2011 to June 2019 providing various services. Currently, working as Research Assistant at KFUPM (CIPR), since July 2019.
- B.E. in Electronics from Mehran University Pakistan 1991
- Digital Rock Physics.
- Surface analysis using AFM, SEM. and XPS.
- Generation 3D micro-images of natural and artificial porous materials using CT- and medical scanners and FIB/SEM.