Research Assistant III, CIPR
Great interest in laser light, particularly, CW lasers stabilization using optical frequency comb for precision spectroscopy and gas sensing application. Developing gas sensors in mid infrared (MIR) region with high sensitivity and precision has been achieved during the phd program. Moreover, have experience in semiconductor device microfabrication and cleanroom deposition and etching tools for semiconductor devices and corresponding thin-films characterization such as SEM, X-ray and AFM.
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, KAUST-
- M.S. in Physics, KSU-Riyadh.
- B.S. in Physics, IAU-Dammam.
- Optical frequency comb for optical metrology.
- Laser Spectroscopy in mid-infrared region and gas sensing for environmental application.
- Femtosecond lasers & ultrafast phenomena.
- AlSaif, B., Gatti, D., Lamperti, M., Laporta, P., Farooq, M. Marangoni, A. and “Comb-calibrated sub-Doppler spectroscopy with an external-cavity quantum cascade laser at 7.7 μm,” Opt. Express 27, 23785-23790 (2019)
- Lamperti, M., AlSaif, B., Gatti, D. et al. Absolute spectroscopy near 7.8 μm with a comb-locked extended-cavity quantum-cascade-laser. Sci Rep 8, 1292 (2018).
- Fattahi, H., Barros, H., Gorjan, M., Nubbemeyer, T., Alsaif, B., Teisset, C., Schultze, M., Prinz, S., Haefner, M., Ueffing, M., Alismail, A., Vámos, L., Schwarz, A., Pronin, O., Jonathan Brons, Xiao Tao Geng, Gunnar Arisholm, Ciappina, M., Vladislav S. Yakovlev, Kim, D., Azzeer, A., Karpowicz, N., Dirk Sutter, Major, Z., Metzger, M., and Krausz, F., “Third-generation femtosecond technology,” Optica 1, 45-63 (2014