Dr. Wei Yu
Post-Doc Researcher, CIPR
Wei Yu is a postdoctoral researcher in CIPR at KFUPM. He received his Ph.D. degree from Zhejiang University in Thermal Engineering. He worked as an associate researcher in Lenfest Center for Sustainable Energy in Columbia University from 2016-2018. He is working on CO2 capture, utilization, and storage (CCUS), including nanomaterials for CO2 chemisorption, microencapsulated solvents for CO2 capture, and enhanced oil recovery.
- Ph.D. Zhejiang University, China, 2014-2019
- Columbia University, USA, Assistant researcher, 2016-2018
- B.S. Nanjing Normal University, China, 2010-2014
- CO2 capture, utilization, and storage (CCUS)
- Enhanced oil recovery
- Microfluidic application in energy field
- Liquid nano-absorbents for CO2 capture (nanofluids and NOHMs)
- Yu W, Wang T, Park A H A, et al. Review of liquid nano-absorbents for enhanced CO2 capture[J]. Nanoscale, 2019, 11(37): 17137-17156.
- Wang T, Yu W*, Le Moullec Y, et al. Solvent regeneration by novel direct non-aqueous gas stripping process for post-combustion CO2 capture[J]. Applied Energy, 2017, 205: 23-32.
- Wang T, Yu W, Liu F, et al. Enhanced CO2 absorption and desorption by monoethanolamine (MEA)-based nanoparticle suspensions[J]. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, 2016, 55(28): 7830-7838.
- Wang T, Yu W, Fang M, et al. Wetted‐wall column study on CO2 absorption kinetics enhancement by additive of nanoparticles[J]. Greenhouse Gases: Science and Technology, 2015, 5(5): 682-694.
- Yu W, Wang T, Fang M X, et al. CO 2 Absorption/Desorption Enhanced by Nanoparticles in Post-combustion CO 2 Capture[C]//International Symposium on Coal Combustion. Springer, Singapore, 2015: 591-596.
- Wang D, Yu W, Gao M, et al. A 3D microfluidic device for carbon capture microcapsules production[C]//2018 IEEE Micro Electro Mechanical Systems (MEMS). IEEE, 2018: 1193-1196.
Dr. Yafei Chen
Post-Doc Researcher, CIPR
Dr. Chen is Post-doc research at the Center for Integrated Petroleum Research, College of Petroleum Engineering & Geoscience. Before joining KFUPM, he received Ph. D. degree in Materials Science from Shandong University, China. During the Ph. D. studies, he had been a visiting student at the University of Georgia for three years.
- Ph.D. Materials Science, College of Materials Science and Engineering, Shandong University, China, 2011-2018
- Visiting Student, College of Engineering, University of Georgia, US, 2014-2018
- B.S. Materials Science and Engineering, College of Materials Science and Engineering, Shandong University, China, 2007-2011
- Low-energy light excite persistent luminescence
- Invisible persistent luminescence
- Luminescent materials in oilfield
- Chen, Y. F., Liu F. Liang Y. J., Wang X. L., Bi J. Q., Wang X. J., Pan Z. W. New up-conversion charging concept for effectively charging persistent phosphors using low-energy visible-light laser diodes. J. Mater. Chem. C 6, 8003-8010 (2018).
- Chen, Y. F., Bi, J. Q., Wang, W. L., Zhao, Y., You, G. L., Yin, C. L., Bai, Y. J. Toughening in boron nitride nanotubes/silicon nitride composites. Mater. Sci. Eng. C 590, 16-20 (2014).
- Chen, Y. F., Bi, J. Q., Yin, C. L., You, G. L. Microstructure and fracture toughness of graphene nanosheets/alumina composites. Ceram. Int. 40(9), 13883-13889 (2014).
- Liang, Y. J., Liu, F., Chen, Y. F., Wang, X. L., Sun, K. N., Pan, Z. W. Red/near-infrared/short-wave infrared multi-band persistent luminescence in Pr3+-doped persistent phosphors. Dalton Trans. 46(34), 11149-11153 (2017).
- Liang, Y. J., Liu, F., Chen, Y. F., Wang, X., Sun, K. N., Pan, Z. W. Extending the applications for lanthanide ions: efficient emitters in short-wave infrared persistent luminescence. J. Mater. Chem. C, 5(26), 6488-6492 (2017).
- Liang, Y. J., Liu, F., Chen, Y. F., Wang, X. J., Sun, K. N., Pan, Z. W. New function of the Yb3+ ion as an efficient emitter of persistent luminescence in the short-wave infrared. Light Sci. Appl., 5(7), e16124 (2016).
- Liu, F., Liang, Y. J., Chen, Y. F., Pan, Z. W. Divalent nickel‐activated gallate‐based persistent phosphors in the short‐wave infrared. Adv. Opt. Mater. 4(4), 562-566 (2016).
- Liu, F., Chen, Y. F., Liang, Y. J., Pan, Z. W. Phonon-assisted upconversion charging in Zn3Ga2GeO8:Cr3+ near-infrared persistent phosphor. Opt. Lett. 41(5), 954-957 (2016).
- Liang, Y. J., Liu, F., Chen, Y. F., Sun, K. N., Pan, Z. W. Long persistent luminescence in the ultraviolet in Pb2+-doped Sr2MgGe2O7 persistent phosphor. Dalton Trans. 45(4), 1322-1326 (2016)
Awards & Honors
- China Scholarship Council Fellowship
- Guanghua Scholarship