Dr. Ahmad Akanbi Adewunmi
Engineer II, CIPR
Dr. Adewunmi is an active researcher at the Center for Integrative Petroleum Research, the research hub of the College of Petroleum Engineering and Geosciences at KFUPM. His area of research includes enhanced oil recovery, polymer gel design for water control in the petroleum industry, emulsion technology and nano-materials for diverse applications.
- Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, University Sains Malaysia, 2017.
- M.Sc., Chemical Engineering, KFUPM, KSA, 2011.
- B.Sc., Chemical Engineering, The Federal University of Technology, Nigeria, 2006.
Polymer rheology, polymer gels design for water control in oil mature oil fields, nanotechnology application in enhanced oil recovery (EOR), fluids characterization for enhanced oil recovery (EOR) applications, and polymer characterization/nanocomposites/materials.
- A. Adewunmi., Selvin. T. P., Abdulhadi A. A., De. S. K., and Muataz A. A., “Effect of Modified and Non Modified Carbon Nanotubes on the Rheological Behavior of High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) Nanocomposite”, Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2013, Article ID 731860, DOI:10.1155/2013/731860.
- A. Adewunmi., Suzylawati Ismail., and Abdullah. S. Sultan., “Study on strength and gelation time of polyacrylamide/polyethyleneimine composite gels reinforced with coal fly ash for water shut-off treatment”, Journal of Applied Polymer Science, DOI:10.1002/app.41392.
- A. Adewunmi., Suzylawati Ismail., and Abdullah. S. Sultan., “Laboratory scale study on rheological behavior, morphological and structural properties of crosslinked polyacrylamide composite hydrogels embedded with date seed powder”, Journal of Applied Polymer Science, DOI:10.1002/app.42110.
- Ahmad. A. Adewunmi., suzylawati Ismail., and Abdullah. S. Sultan., “Carbon Nanotubes (CNTs) Nanocomposite Hydrogels Developed for Various Applications: A Critical Review”, Journal of Inorganic and Organometallic Polymers and Materials, DOI: 10.1007/s10904-016-0379-6.
Syed Rizwanullah Hussaini
Engineer II, CIPR
MS Graduate in Electrical Engineering from KFUPM with a major in Signal Processing. Working in Center for Integrative Petroleum Research as a Technical Research Assistant with a specialization in Statistical Signal Processing, NMR Rock Analysis, Multiscale CT Imaging and Seismic Data Analysis.
- M.Sc., Electrical Engineering, KFUPM, KSA, 2012
- BE, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Osmania University, India, 2007
- Statistical Signal Processing, NMR Rock Analysis, Multiscale CT Imaging, Seismic Data Analysis
- A. Vesnaver, S. I. Kaka, S. R. Hussaini, A. Popoola, “Microtremor Analysis Over Carbonates With and Without Oil”, 4th EAGE Workshop on Passive Seismic, Amsterdam, March 2013.
- Jin, HG Pérez, G. Agrawal, S.R. Hussaini. “Unconventional Shale Permeability Quantification: Direct Measurement of the Effects of Capillary Condensation and Gas Composition”. 2nd EAGE/SPE/AAPG Shale Gas Workshop, Dubai, September 2014.
- G Jin, HG Pérez, G Agrawal, MR Khodja, AZ Ali, SR Hussaini, ZZ Jangda. “The Impact of Gas Adsorption and Composition on Unconventional Shale Permeability Measurement”. SPE Middle East Oil & Gas Show and Conference, Manama, March 2015.
- G Jin, HG Pérez, AA Dhamen, SS Ali, A Nair, G Agrawal, MR Khodja, SR Hussaini, ZZ Jangda, AZ Ali. “Permeability Measurement of Organic-Rich Shale – Comparison of Various Unsteady-State Methods”. SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition, Texas, September 2015
Engineer II, CIPR
- M.Sc., Petroleum Engineering – KFUPM 2017.
- B.Sc., Petroleum Engineering – KFUPM 2015
- Hydraulic Fracturing
- Acoustic Emissions
- Well Stimulation
- Artificial Intelligence
- Muqtadir, A., Al-Dughaimi, S., & Dvorkin, J. (2020). Deformation of Granular Aggregates: Static and Dynamic Bulk Moduli. Journal of Geophysical Research: Solid Earth, 125(1). https://doi.org/10.1029/2019JB018604
- Muqtadir, A., Al-Dughaimi, S., Kandil, M. E., Ali, A., & Dvorkin, J. P. (2019). Elastic and Mechanical Properties of Dune Sand: Experiments and Models. Journal of Geophysical Research: Solid Earth, 2019JB017981. https://doi.org/10.1029/2019JB017981
Muqtadir, A., Al-Dughaimi, S., Ali, A. Z., Kandil, M. E., & Dvorkin, J. (2019). Acoustic Emissions During Deformation of Sandstone with Fluids. In Proceedings of 53rd U.S. Rock Mechanics/Geomechanics Symposium. New York City, NY, USA: American Rock Mechanics Association.
- Hussain, M., Muqtadir, A., Amao, A., Al-Ramadan, K., & Babalola, L. (2019). Destructive vs Non-destructive: Establishing an Empirical Relationship between Impulse Hammer and Triaxial Test – Derived Rock Mechanical Properties. In Proceedings of the 7th Unconventional Resources Technology Conference. Tulsa, OK, USA: American Association of Petroleum Geologists. https://doi.org/10.15530/urtec-2019-222
- Muqtadir, A., Elkatatny, S., Mahmoud, M., Abdulraheem, A., & Gomaa, A. (2018). Effect of the Type of Fracturing Fluid on the Breakdown Pressure of Tight Sandstone Rocks. In Annual Technical Symposium and Exhibition. Al-Khobar, KSA: Society of Petroleum Engineers. https://doi.org/10.2118/192365-MS
Engineer II, CIPR
Redha joined CIPR on May 29, 2016. His expertise revolves around core lab assignments.
- B.S. Petroleum Engineering, KFUPM, KSA,