Tel: +966 (013) 860-1369
Location: Bldg. 78, Rm. 2027
Dr. Liu Xu
Research Scientist III, CIPR
Dr. Xu Liu joint CIPR/KFUPM on September, 2017 as Research Scientist III.
- Ph.D. degree in Geophysics from the University of Adelaide, Australia.
- M.S. degree in Geophysics from the University of Science and Technology of China.
- B.S. degree in Geophysics from the Chengdu University of Technology, China.
- Numerical modelling of seismic waves in reservoir;
- Seismic, magnetotelluric data processing and inversion;
- Resistivity and IP inversion.
- Liu Xu. Greenhalgh S., Zhou B. and Li H.J., 2019. Explicit Q expressions for inhomogeneous P and SV waves in isotropic viscoelastic media. The Journal of Geophysics and Engineering, DOI: 10.1093/jge/gxz106, in pressing
- Liu Xu. Greenhalgh S., 2019. Fitting viscoelastic mechanical models to seismic attenuation and velocity dispersion observations and applications to full waveform modelling. Geophysical Journal International, Vol.219, 1741-1756. DOI: 10.1093/gji/ggz395.
- Liu Xu. Greenhalgh S., 2019. Frequency-domain FD with an adaptable NPML boundary condition for poro-viscoelastic wave upscaled form effective Biot theory. Geophysics, Vol.84(4), WA59-WA70. DOI: 10.1190/GEO2018-0372.1
- Liu Xu. Greenhalgh S., Zhou B. and Greenhalgh M., 2019. Frequency-domain seismic wave modelling in heterogeneous porous media using the mixed-grid finite-difference method. Geophysical Journal International, Vol.216, 34-54. DOI: 10.1093/gji/ggy410.
- Liu Xu, Greenhalgh S., Zhou B. and Greenhalgh M., 2018. Effective Biot theory and its generalization to poroviscoelastic models. Geophysical Journal International, Vol.212, 1255-1273. DOI: 10.1093/gji/ggx460.
Awards & Honors
- Ludger Mintrop Award 2013 presented to Greenhalgh S., Liu Xu, and Zhou B by European Association of Geoscientists and Engineers for the paper entitled ‘Velocity and attenuation dispersion relations for the effective Biot model: total-field formulation’ published in Near Surface Geophysics, Vol.10, pp.197-