Post-Doc Researcher, CIPR
Wei Yu is a postdoctoral researcher in CIPR at KFUPM. He received his PhD degree from Zhejiang University in Thermal Engineering. He worked as an associate researcher in Lenfest Center for Sustainable Energy in Columbia University from 2016-2018. He is working on CO2 capture, utilization, and storage (CCUS), including nanomaterials for CO2 chemisorption, microencapsulated solvents for CO2 capture, and enhanced oil recovery.
- Ph.D. Zhejiang University, China, 2014-2019
- Columbia University, USA, Assistant researcher, 2016-2018
- B.S. Nanjing Normal University, China, 2010-2014
- CO2 capture, utilization, and storage (CCUS)
- Enhanced oil recovery
- Microfluidic application in energy field
- Liquid nano-absorbents for CO2 capture (nanofluids and NOHMs)
- Yu W, Wang T, Park A H A, et al. Review of liquid nano-absorbents for enhanced CO2 capture[J]. Nanoscale, 2019, 11(37): 17137-17156.
- Wang T, Yu W*, Le Moullec Y, et al. Solvent regeneration by novel direct non-aqueous gas stripping process for post-combustion CO2 capture[J]. Applied Energy, 2017, 205: 23-32.
- Wang T, Yu W, Liu F, et al. Enhanced CO2 absorption and desorption by monoethanolamine (MEA)-based nanoparticle suspensions[J]. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, 2016, 55(28): 7830-7838.
- Wang T, Yu W, Fang M, et al. Wetted‐wall column study on CO2 absorption kinetics enhancement by additive of nanoparticles[J]. Greenhouse Gases: Science and Technology, 2015, 5(5): 682-694.
- Yu W, Wang T, Fang M X, et al. CO 2 Absorption/Desorption Enhanced by Nanoparticles in Post-combustion CO 2 Capture[C]//International Symposium on Coal Combustion. Springer, Singapore, 2015: 591-596.
- Wang D, Yu W, Gao M, et al. A 3D microfluidic device for carbon capture microcapsules production[C]//2018 IEEE Micro Electro Mechanical Systems (MEMS). IEEE, 2018: 1193-1196.