Dr. Pantelis Soupios
Professor, Geosciences Department
Pantelis Soupios obtained his B.Sc. in Geology (Aristotle University of Thessaloniki-AUTh, Greece) and his MSc (AUTh) and Ph.D. (AUTh) in Applied Geophysics. He started his carrier at the Laboratory of Geophysics and Seismology of Aristotle University of Thessaloniki in Greece. His expertise is on the application of several geophysical methods for environmental, hydrogeological, engineering applications, and geohazard studies. From 2002-2018, he was a faculty member at the Department of Environmental and Natural Resources Engineering at the Technological Educational Institute of Crete, Greece. He is currently a Professor of Near Surface Geophysics at the Department of Geosciences, KFUPM, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Dr. P. Soupios has established a strong international research network for collaboration and has authored and co-authored numerous chapters in books, articles published in scientific journals, and conference papers covering the broader area of applied geophysics. In addition, he has 6 years of industrial experience (mainly in engineering geophysics).
- Ph.D., Applied Geophysics, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece and Uppsala University, Sweden 2000
- M.S., Applied Geophysics, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece, 1997
- B.S., Geology, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece, 1995
- Environmental and Engineering Geophysics
- Applied Hydrogeology and HydroGeophysics
- Applied geology and AgroGeophysics
- ArchaeoGeophysics at selected Archaeological areas using various geophysical methods.
- Advanced geophysical/geological/geochemical methods for waste disposal sites characterization.
- Groundwater and soil monitoring
- George Panagopoulos, Pantelis Soupios, Antonios Vafidis, Emmanouil Manoutsoglou, 2021, Integrated use of well and geophysical data for constructing 3D geological models in shallow aquifers: a case study at the Tymbakion basin, Crete, Greece, Environmental Earth Sciences 80:142, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12665-021-09461-5
- Omer Muhammad Siddiq, Bassam Shafiq Tawabini; Pantelis Soupios; Dimitrios Ntarlagiannis, 2021, Removal of Arsenic from Contaminated Groundwater Using Biochar: A Technical Review, International Journal of Environmental Science and Technology, https://doi.org/10.1007/s13762-020-03116-x
- Çağdaş Sağır, Bedri Kurtuluş, Pantelis Soupios, Korhan Ayrancı, Erkan Düztaş, Murat Ersen Aksoy, Özgür Avşar, Günseli Erdem, Mustafa Can Canoğlu, SanLinn I. Kaka, Moumtaz Razack, 2020, Investigating the Structure of a Coastal Karstic Aquifer through the Hydrogeological Characterization of Springs Using Geophysical Methods and Field Investigation, Gökova Bay, SW Turkey, Water 2020, 12(12), 3343; https://doi.org/10.3390/w12123343
- Demirci İsmail, Gundogdu N. Yıldırım, Candansayar Mehmet Emin, Soupios Pantelis, Vafidis Antonis and Arslan Hakan, 2020, Determination and Evaluation of Salt Water Intrusion on Bafra Plain: Joint Interpretation of Geophysical, Hydrogeological and Hydro-chemical Data, Pure and Applied Geophysics, pp.20, DOI: 1007/s00024-020-02573-2
- Ntarlagiannis D., Kalderis D. and Soupios P., 2020, Geophysical Methods for Contaminant Management: the Case for Biochar, Fast TIMES, EEGS, Vol. 25(2), pp. 80-90 (invited paper).
- Payal Rani, Pantelis Soupios and Pavel Barsukov, 2020, Regional tectonic model of Southern, Central part of the Mygdonian basin (Northern Greece) by applying 3D Transient Electromagnetic Modeling, Journal of Applied Geophysics, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jappgeo.2020.104008
Extended Publications (+)
- SCOPUS, http://www.scopus.com/authid/detail.url?authorId=15835749500
- Google Scholar Citations, http://scholar.google.co.uk/citations?user=yHNNmIcAAAAJ&hl=en
- ResearchGate, https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Pantelis_Soupios
- PUBLONS, https://publons.com/researcher/2086198/pantelis-soupios/
- ORCID, https://orcid.org/0000-0002-4153-3415