Dr. Pantelis Soupios
Professor, Program Leader – Geophysics, CIPR, Department of Geosciences
Pantelis Soupios obtained his B.Sc. in Geology (Aristotle University of Thessaloniki-AUTh, Greece) and his MSc (AUTh) and Ph.D. (AUTh) in Applied Geophysics. He started his carrier at the Laboratory of Geophysics and Seismology of Aristotle University of Thessaloniki in Greece. His expertise is on the application of several geophysical methods for environmental, hydrogeological, engineering applications, and geohazard studies. From 2002-2018, he was a faculty member at the Department of Environmental and Natural Resources Engineering at the Technological Educational Institute of Crete, Greece. He is currently a Professor of Near Surface Geophysics at the Department of Geosciences, KFUPM, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Dr. P. Soupios has established a strong international research network for collaboration and has authored and co-authored numerous chapters in books, articles published in scientific journals, and conference papers covering the broader area of applied geophysics. In addition, he has 6 years of industrial experience (mainly in engineering geophysics).
- Ph.D., Applied Geophysics, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece and Uppsala University, Sweden 2000
- M.S., Applied Geophysics, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece, 1997
- B.S., Geology, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece, 1995
- Environmental and Engineering Geophysics
- Applied Hydrogeology and HydroGeophysics
- Applied geology and AgroGeophysics
- ArchaeoGeophysics at selected Archaeological areas using various geophysical methods.
- Advanced geophysical/geological/geochemical methods for waste disposal sites characterization.
- Groundwater and soil monitoring
- Ali Imran Sandhu, Umair Bin Waheed, Chao Song, Oliver Dorn, Pantelis Soupios, 2023, Multi-frequency Wavefield Modeling of Acoustic VTI Wave Equation Using Physics Informed Neural Networks, Front. Earth Sci. Sec. Solid Earth Geophysics, Volume 11 – 2023 | doi: 10.3389/feart.2023.1227828
- Badhafere, P. Kirmizakis, A. Oshaish, A. El-Husseiny, M. Mahmoud, D. Ntarlagiannis, and P. Soupios, 2023, Detection of Iron Sulfide Materials in Geological Porous Media Using Spectral Induced Polarization Method, SPE Journal, https://doi.org/10.2118/217424-PA.
- ALI IMRAN SANDHU, BEN MANSOUR DIA, OLIVER DORN, PANTELIS SOUPIOS, 2023, Bayesian Experimental Design for Efficient Sensor Placement in Two-Dimensional Electromagnetic Imaging, IEEE Access, DOI 10.1109/ACCESS.2023.3288997
- Edigbue, P., Akca, I., Demirci, I., Abdullatif Al-Shuhail, Hamdan, H., Kirmizakis, P., Candansayar, E., Hanafy, S., Soupios, P., 2023, Testing different stochastic methods to model direct current resistivity and seismic refraction geophysical data using a combined local and global optimization algorithm, Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering-Springer, DOI 10.1007/s13369-023-07690-3
- Kirmizakis, H. Hinojosa-Prieto, F. Bilias and P. Soupios, 2023, Integrated environmental characterization and assessment of an exposed historic manure repository, Science of the Total Environment, V.872(162184), Elsevier, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2023.162184
- Constantinos Loupasakis, Paraskevas Tsangaratos, Theodoros Gatsios, Vasiliki Eleftheriou, Issaak Parcharidis, Pantelis Soupios, 2023, Investigating the stability of the Acropolis Hill, Greece using fuzzy logic and remote sensing techniques, Remote Sensing-MDPI, 15(4), 1067, https://doi.org/10.3390/rs15041067
List of Publication & Research activities:
- SYMPLECTIC, https://kfupm.discovery.symplectic.org/search?by=text&v=Soupios
- SCOPUS, http://www.scopus.com/authid/detail.url?authorId=15835749500
- Google Scholar Citations, http://scholar.google.co.uk/citations?user=yHNNmIcAAAAJ&hl=en
- ResearchGate, https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Pantelis_Soupios
- PUBLONS, https://publons.com/researcher/2086198/pantelis-soupios/
- ORCID, https://orcid.org/0000-0002-4153-3415