Dr. Sulaiman A. Alarifi
Assistant Professor, Department of Petroleum Engineering
Dr. Alarifi is an Assistant professor in the Petroleum Engineering Department at KFUPM. He has been with KFUPM since 2013 when he joined the Petroleum Engineering Department as a Graduate Assistant. Since joining KFUPM, he has taught courses in Petroleum Economics, Reservoir Description, and Petroleum Fluid Properties.
- Ph.D., Petroleum Engineering, Colorado School of Mines, Golden, Colorado, USA, 2020.
- Minor Degree, Mineral and Energy Economics, Colorado School of Mines, Golden, Colorado, USA, 2020.
- M.S., Petroleum Engineering, KFUPM, Dhahran, KSA. 2016.
- B.S., Petroleum Engineering, KFUPM, Dhahran, KSA, 2012.
- Petroleum reserves estimation and production analysis
- Applications of data analytics and machine learning in Petroleum Engineering
- Enhanced oil recovery
- Alarifi, S. A., and Miskimins, J. “A New Approach To Estimating Ultimate Recovery for Multistage Hydraulically Fractured Horizontal Wells by Utilizing Completion Parameters Using Machine Learning.” SPE Prod & Oper (2021;): doi: https://doi.org/10.2118/204470-PA.
- Altowilib, A.; AlSaihati, A.; Alhamood, H.; Alafnan, S.; Alarifi, S. Reserves Estimation for Coalbed Methane Reservoirs: A Review. Sustainability 2020, 12, 10621. https://doi.org/10.3390/su122410621.
- Alarifi, S. A., Mahmoud, M. A., & Kamal, M. S. (2018). Interactions of DTPA chelating agent with sandstone rocks during EOR: Rock surface charge study. Fuel, 232, 684-692. doi:10.1016/j.fuel.2018.06.003.
- Alarifi, S. A., Alnuaim, S., & Abdulraheem, A. (2015). Productivity Index Prediction for Oil Horizontal Wells Using different Artificial Intelligence Techniques. SPE Middle East Oil & Gas Show and Conference. doi:10.2118/172729-ms.
- Alajmi, M. D., Alarifi, S. A., & Mahsoon, A. H. (2015). Improving Multiphase Choke Performance Prediction and Well Production Test Validation Using Artificial Intelligence: A New Milestone. SPE Digital Energy Conference and Exhibition. doi:10.2118/173394-ms.