Dr. Sidqi A. Abu-Khamsin
Adjunct Professor, Petroleum Engineering Department
Dr. Abu-Khamsin joined the Department of Petroleum Engineering, KFUPM, in 1984 and is currently an adjunct professor. He assumed chairmanship of the Department during 2004 – 2010. He is the petroleum-engineering editor for the Arabian Journal for Science & Engineering, a member of KFUPM’s Scientific Council, and a member of the Council of the College of Petroleum Engineering & Geosciences.
- Ph.D., Petroleum Engineering, Stanford University, USA, 1984.
- M.Sc., Chemical Engineering, KFUPM, KSA, 1978.
- B.Sc., First Honors, Chemical Engineering, KFUPM, KSA, 1975.
- Reservoir engineering and Enhanced Oil Recovery.
- Abu-Khamsin, S.A., Brigham, W.E., and Ramey, H.J., Jr.: “Reaction Kinetics of Fuel Formation for In-Situ Combustion”, SPE Reservoir Engineering, 3:4, Nov.1988, pp. 1308-1316.
- Abu-Khamsin, S.A., and Al-Marhoun, M.A.: “Development of a New Correlation for Bubble Point Oil Viscosity”, Arabian Journal of Science & Engineering, 16:2A, April 1991.
- Okasha, T.M., Menouar, H.K., and Abu-Khamsin, S.A.: “Oil Recovery from Tarmat Reservoirs Using Hot Water and Solvent Flooding,” Journal of Canadian Petroleum Technology, 37:4, April 1998, pp. 33 – 40.
- Osman, E.A., Aggour, M.A., and Abu-Khamsin, S.A.: “In-Situ Sand Consolidation by Low-Temperature Oxidation,” SPE Production & Facilities, 15:1, February 2000, pp. 42-49.
- Abu-Khamsin, S.A., Iddris A., and Aggour, M.A.: “The Spontaneous Ignition Potential of a Super-Light Crude Oil,” Fuel, 80:10, August 2001, pp. 1415-1420.
- Al-Mutairi, S.M., Abu-Khamsin, S.A., and Hossain, M.E.: “A New Rigorous Mathematical Model to Describe Immiscible CO2-Oil Flow in Porous Media,” Journal of Porous Media, 17:5, 2014, pp. 421 – 429.
- Obembe, A.D., Abu-Khamsin, S.A., and Hossain, M.E.: “A Review of Modeling Thermal Displacement Processes in Porous Media,” Arabian Journal for Science & Engineering, 41:12, 2016, pp. 4719 – 4741. (Art 2)
Awards & Honors
- Distinguished Membership Award, Society of Petroleum Engineers International, 2017.
- Distinguished Achievement Award for Petroleum Engineering Faculty (Middle East Region), Society of Petroleum Engineers International, 2014.
- King Abdul-Aziz Order Medal of the First Degree, The Royal Court, KSA, 2004.
- Distinguished Teaching Award, College of Engineering Sciences, KFUPM, 1996, 2015.
- Distinguished Achievements Award, Department of Petroleum Engineering, KFUPM, 1998-1999.