Tel: +966 (013) 860-2699
Fax: +966 (013) 860-4447
Location: Bldg. 76, Rm. 2165
Dr. Sidqi A. Abu-Khamsin
Adjunct Professor, Department of Petroleum Engineering
Dr. Abu-Khamsin joined the Department of Petroleum Engineering, KFUPM, in 1984 and is currently an adjunct professor. He assumed chairmanship of the Department during 2004 – 2010. He is the petroleum-engineering editor for the Arabian Journal for Science & Engineering, a member of KFUPM’s Scientific Council, and a member of the Council of the College of Petroleum Engineering & Geosciences.
- Ph.D., Petroleum Engineering, Stanford University, USA, 1984.
- M.Sc., Chemical Engineering, KFUPM, KSA, 1978.
- B.Sc., First Honors, Chemical Engineering, KFUPM, KSA, 1975.
- Reservoir engineering and Enhanced Oil Recovery.
- Alqam, M.H., Abu-Khamsin, S.A., Sultan, A.S., Okasha, T.M., and Yildiz, H.O.: “Effect of Rock Mineralogy and Oil Composition on Wettability Alteration and Interfacial Tension by Brine and Carbonated Water,” Energy & Fuels, 33:3, March 2019, pp. 1983-1989.
- Al-Hajri, N.M., Abu-Khamsin, S.A., and Al-Ajmi, M.D.: “Estimating the static bottom-hole pressure of gas wells by top node calculation using apparent molecular weight profiling,” The Arabian Journal for Science & Engineering, 44:6, June 2019, pp. 6155 – 6165.
- Arif, M., Abu-Khamsin, S.A., and Iglauer, S.: “Wettability of Rock/CO2/brine and Rock/oil/CO2-enriched-brine systems: Critical Parametric Analysis and Future Outlook,” Advances in Colloid and Interface Science, 268, June 2019, pp. 91-113.
- Aljawad, M.S., Alafnan, S.F., and Abu-Khamsin, S.A.: “Artificial Lift and Mobility Enhancement of Heavy Oil Reservoirs Utilizing a Renewable Energy Powered Heating Element,” ACS Omega, 4, Nov. 2019, pp. 20048-20058.
- Arif, M., Abu-Khamsin, S.A., Zhang, Y., and Iglauer, S.: “Experimental investigation of carbonate wettability as a function of mineralogical and thermo-physical conditions,” Fuel, 264, March 2020, 116846.
Awards & Honors
- Distinguished Membership Award, Society of Petroleum Engineers International, 2017.
- Distinguished Achievement Award for Petroleum Engineering Faculty (Middle East Region), Society of Petroleum Engineers International, 2014.
- King Abdul-Aziz Order Medal of the First Degree, The Royal Court, KSA, 2004.
- Distinguished Teaching Award, College of Engineering Sciences, KFUPM, 1996, 2015.
- Distinguished Achievements Award, Department of Petroleum Engineering, KFUPM, 1998-1999.