Dr. Shaikhah Laradhi
Research Scientist III, CIPR
Dr. Sheikha obtained her PhD degree in the field of Computational Chemistry from King Abdullah University for Science and Technology (Thuwal), and her Master’s degree, in Computer Science and Molecular dynamics. Before joining KFUPM, she was a post-doc fellow at King Abdullah University for Science and Technology Catalysis Center (KCC). She has studies in computational physical chemistry and materials science correlating ab initio electronic structure methods with thermodynamic and kinetic properties of matter. She uses electronic structure methods such as Density Functional Theory (DFT) along with molecular dynamics (MD) simulations to support the interpretation of experimental results for designing new heterogenous catalytic surfaces. Such investigation helps also in understanding fundamental processes, which may address issues related to sub-disciplines in chemistry including photocatalysis and surface chemistry, absorption, desorption, molecular orientation, and the packing density of functionalized surfaces by appropriate molecules.
Dr. Sheikha is member of several scientific societies like (ACM) ,(MRS) , (ACS) , and (IAEE). She is the founder of Women in Renewable Energies (WiRE ) Saudi Chapter.
- Ph.D.,Computational Chemistry. King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), KSA.
- M.S., Computer Science. King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), KSA.
- B.S., (1st Honors) Information Systems, Prince Sultan University, KSA.
- Heterogenous Catalysis and Photocatalysis.
- Density Functional Theory.
- Molecular Dynamics Simulations.
- Modelling of Green Hydrogen Production.
- Modelling of Sustainable Nanoparticles.
- Sheikha Lardhi, Luigi Cavallo, Moussab Harb. Significant Impact of Exposed Facets on the BiVO4 Material Performance for Photocatalytic Water Splitting Reactions.. The Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters,2020. 5497–5503.
- Rowshanak Irani, Sheikha Lardhi, Luigi Cavallo, Roel van de Krol, Fatwa F Abdi et al. Nature of Nitrogen Incorporation in BiVO4 Photoanodes through Chemical and Physical Methods. Solar RRL, 2020. 1900290.
- Sheikha Lardhi, Luigi Cavallo, Moussab Harb, Determination of the Intrinsic Defect at the Origin of Poor H2 Evolution Performance of Monoclinic BiVO4 Photocatalyst Using Density Functional Theory. J. Phys. Chem. C, 2018. 122 (32): p 18204–18211.
- Sheikha Lardhi, Dalal Noureldine, Moussab Harb, Ahmed Ziani, Luigi Cavallo, Kazuhiro Takanabe, Determination of the electronic, dielectric, and optical properties of sillenite Bi12TiO20 and perovskite-like Bi4Ti3O12 materials from hybrid first-principle calculations. The Journal of Chemical Physics, 2016. 144(13): p. 134702.
Awards & Honors
- KAUST Post Doc fellowship.
- Best Poster Award in The Photocatalytic Materials for Energy Symposium Of The European Material Society Meeting EMRS, 2017.
- KAUST Scholarship for High Educational Studies.
- PSU and RFS Academic Excellence Scholarship.
- King Salman Al-Saud Award for Outstanding Academic Excellence of High School Students all over Saudi Arabia -6th place