Dr. SanLinn I. Kaka
Assistant Professor, Geosciences Department
Dr. SANLINN I. KAKA received his Ph.D. degree in Earth Sciences from Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada in 2006. Currently, he is a faculty member and graduate coordinator in the Department of Geosciences at King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals. His research interests are in the areas of engineering seismology, reservoir characterization and monitoring, ground-motions relations and near-surface geophysics. His recent research focuses on applications of microseismic monitoring systems, enhancement, detection and localization of microseismic events as well as understanding fracture growth and the role of pre-existing fractures during multi-stage hydraulic fracture stimulation of shale gas reservoirs
- Ph.D., Earth Sciences, Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada, 2006.
- Application of advanced signal processing techniques
- Analysis of microseismic data for reservoir monitoring and characterization
- Near surface geophysics
- Probabilistic seismic hazard analysis & Empirical ground motion relations
- Mustafa Al-Marzooq, Mamadou S. Diallo and SanLinn I. Kaka, “Mitigating the Effects of Sand Dunes on Seismic Data from the Rub Al Khali Basin, Saudi Arabia”,
Geophysical Prospecting, 2019, https://doi.org/10.1111/1365-2478.12751.
- N Iqbal, A . Zerguine, A. Al-Shuhail and S. Kaka, “Blind noise estimation and denoising filter for recovery of microquake signals”, Exploration Geophysics, 50:5, 502-531, 2019, DOI: 10.1080/08123985.2019.1624479.
- Adewunmi O. Adelu, A. A.Aderemi, Adesoji O. Akanji, Oluseun A.Sanuade, SanLinn I. Kaka, O. Afolabi, S. Olugbemiga and R. Oke” Application of 3D static modeling for optimal reservoir characterization” Journal of African Earth Sciences, Volume 152, 2019, Pages 184-196.
- Sidle R. C, Ben Jariani, SanLinn Kaka, and Abdulaziz Al-Shaibani, “ Hydrogeomorphic processes affecting dryland gully erosion: implications for modelling”, Progress in Physical Geography: Earth and Environment, , 2018, https://doi.org/10.1177/0309133318819403.
- Ashadi A and S. I. Kaka, “Ground-Motion Relations for Subduction-Zone Earthquakes in Java Island, Indonesia”, AJSE, 2018, https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s13369-018-3563-x.
- Sidle R. C, Al-Shaibani A. M and Kaka S. I. Geomorphic hazards in south‐west Saudi Arabia: The human–environmental nexus, Area, 2018, https://rgs-ibg.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/area.12509.
- N. Iqbal , E. Liu, J.H. McClellan, A. A. Al-Shuhail, S. I. Kaka and A . Zerguine “Detection and Denoising of Microseismic Events using Tensor Decomposition and Time-frequency Representation”, IEEE Access 6, 22993-23006, 2018.
- McClellan, J. H., L. Eisner, E. Liu, N. Iqbal, A. A. Al-Shuhail and S. Kaka, “Array processing in microseismic monitoring”, IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, 35 (2), 99-111, 2018.
- N Iqbal, A . Zerguine, S. Kaka, A. Al-Shuhail “Observation-Driven Method Based on IIR Wiener Filter for Microseismic Data Denoising”, Pure and Applied Geophysics, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00024-018-1775-3. 2018.
- Liu, E., Zhu, L, Raj, A., McClellan, J., Al-Shuhail, A., Kaka, S and Iqbal, N., “Microseismic events enhancement and detection in sensor arrays using autocorrelation based filtering” Geophysical Prospecting, 65 (6), 1496-1509, 2017.
- SanLinn I. Kaka, Juan, Reyes-Montes, Abdullah Al-Shuhail, Abdullatif Al-Shuhail and Michael Jervis, “Analysis of Microseismic Events during a Multi-stage Hydraulic Stimulation Experiment at a Shale Gas Reservoir”, Petroleum Geoscience, https://doi.org/10.1144/petgeo2016-086, 2017.
- N. Iqbal, A. Al-Shuhail, S. Kaka, E. Liu, A. Raj, and J. McClellan, “Iterative interferometry-based method for picking microseismic events” Journal of Applied Geophysics, vol. 140, Pages 52-61, 2017.
- Iqbal, N., Zerguine, A., Kaka, S and Al-Shuhail, A., “Automated SVD Filtering of time-frequency distribution for enhancing the SNR of microseismic/microquake events” Journal of Geophysics and Engineering vol. 13 (6), 964, 2016.
- Tajudeen M. Iwalewa, Abdulla S. Elamin and SanLinn I. Kaka, “A coupled model simulation assessment of shallow water-table rise in a Saudi Arabian coastal city” Journal of Hydro-environment Research, , vol. 12, 46-58, 2016.
- Abdul Latif Ashadi, Udi Harmoko, Gatot Yuliyanto, and SanLinn I. Kaka, “Probabilistic Seismic-Hazard Analysis for Central Java Province, Indonesia” Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America, vol. 105, no. 3, 2015.