Dr. Rahul N. Gajbhiye
Assistant Professor, Department of Petroleum Engineering
Dr. Rahul is an Assistant Professor holding a Ph.D. in Petroleum Engineering from Louisiana State University. He worked as a postdoctoral research associate at Tulsa University Drilling Research Project (TUDRP) at Tulsa University, Oklahoma. He also served as a Lecturer at the Department of Petroleum Engineering, Maharashtra Institute of Technology, Pune, India. Dr. Rahul is a member of the Society of Petroleum Engineering and the American Association of Drilling Engineers (AADE).
- Ph.D., Petroleum Engineering, Louisiana State University, USA, 2011
- B.S., Petroleum Engineering, Maharashtra Institute of Technology, India, 1999
- Enhanced Oil Recovery
- Multiphase Flow in Pipes
- Drilling Fluids and Cementation
- S. Elkatatny, R.N. Gajbhiye, Anas Ahmed, and Ahmed Abdulhamid, “Enhancing the Cement Quality Using Polypropylene Fibers”, Journal of Petroleum Exploration and Production Technology, PEPT-D-19-00037-2019
- Ahmed Abdulhamid Mahmoud, Salaheldin Elkatatny, Abdulmalek Ahmed and Rahul Gajbhiye, “Influence of Nanoclay Content on Cement Matrix for Oil Wells Subjected to Cyclic Steam Injection” Materials 2019, 12(9), 1452; https://doi.org/10.3390/ma12091452
- A. Homoud, R. Gajbhiye, D. Al-Shehri, “Transient Wellbore Pressure Build-Up Correlation Helps Engineers to Ensure HIPPS Safe Operation” SPE-199342-PA, SPE Production & Operations, 2019.
- M. Siddiqui, R.N. Gajbhiye, “Stability and Texture of CO2/N2 in Sandstone” Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects COLSUA_21561. Volume 534, Pages 26-37, December 2017.
- A. Edrisi, R.N. Gajbhiye, and S. I. Kam, “Experimental Study of Polymer-free and Polymer-added Foams for Underbalanced Drilling: Are Two Foam-Flow Regimes Still There?” SPE Journal, p. 55-68, Vol. 19, Issue 1, 2014.
Awards & Honors
- Awards for presentations at the GOM Deepwater Technical Symposium, New Orleans (2009), and the AADE (Premier Fluid Conference), Houston (2010).