Tel: + 966 (013) 860-5174
Location: Bldg. 78, Rm. 2020
Dr. Rabeah Al Zaidy
Assistant Professor, CIPR
- Ph.D., Computer Science and Engineering, Pennsylvania State University, US.
- M.S., Information Systems Security, Concordia University, Montréal, Canada
- B.S., (1st Honors) Computer Science, King Abdulaziz University, Saudi Arabia
- 2021-2023, PI, Intelligent Reservoir Mapping, Aramco-CIPR, KFUPM
- 2021-2022, AI Research Consultant, SDAIA
- 2018 – 2019, Postdoctoral Fellow, CEMSE, KAUST
- 2017 – 2018, Postdoctoral Scholar, Pennsylvania State University
- Machine Learning
- Large Scale Information Retrieval
- AI for Energy and Environment Applications
- Deep Learning Reservoir Modeling
- Natural Language Processing
- A. Z. Yamani, K. Katterbaeur, A. A. Alshehri and R. A. Al-Zaidy, “SAMA: Spatially-Aware Model-Agnostic Machine Learning Framework for Geophysical Data,” in IEEE Access, vol. 11, pp. 7436-7449, 2023, doi: 10.1109/ACCESS.2023.3236802.
- Katterbauer, Klemens, Qasim, Abdulaziz, Al Shehri, Abdallah, and Rabeah Al Zaidy. “A Deep Learning Formation Image Log Classification Framework for Fracture Identification – A Study on Carbon Dioxide Injection Performance for the New Zealand Pohokura Field.” Paper presented at the SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition, Houston, Texas, USA, October 2022.
- Katterbauer, K., Al Qasim, A., Al Shehri, A., & Al Zaidy, R. (2022). Smart detection of fractures in formation image logs for enhanced CO2 storage. Science and Technology for Energy Transition, 77, 21
- A. Z. Yamani, K. Katterbauer, A. A. AlShehri, A. F. Marsala and R. A. Al-Zaidy, “Denoising Electromagnatic Surveys Using LSTMs,” 2022 7th International Conference on Data Science and Machine Learning Applications (CDMA), Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 2022, pp. 79-84, doi: 10.1109/CDMA54072.2022.00018.
- K. Katterbauer, A. Marsala, R. Alyami, R. Al-Zaidy. “An overview of natural language processing driven approaches toward assisted formation evaluation interpretation”. OG4IR/ICSNC conference. (2020)
- Rabah A. Al Zaidy, Marcelo G. Armentano, Antonela Tommasel, Ludovico Boratto, and C. Lee Giles. “Second International Workshop on Knowledge Discovery and User Modeling for Smart Cities (UMCit 2019)” . European Conference on Machine Learning. 2019.
- Rabah Alzaidy, Cornelia Caragea, and C. Lee Giles. 2019. Bi-LSTM-CRF Sequence Labeling for Keyphrase Extraction from Scholarly Documents. In The World Wide Web Conference (WWW ’19). Association for Computing Machinery, New York, NY, USA, 2551–2557.