Dr. Muhammad Shahzad Kamal
Research Engineer III, CIPR
MSC Graduate in Polymer & Process Engineering from University of Engineering & Technology in Lahore, Pakistan in 2010. Whilst studying for his Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering at KFUPM (Graduated in 2014), he continued his passion for lecturing at The University around the subjects of Fluid Mechanics, Heat Transfer, Polymer Materials and Technical Computing.
Since 2015, Dr. Kamal has been working as a Research Engineer at CIPR with his expertise focusing on chemical EOR, Rheology of complex fluids, Interfacial phenomenon, and Oilfield chemistry. In addition to these tasks, he is also responsible for leading multidisciplinary research projects, teaching undergraduate and graduate courses, and compiling research reports.
- Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, KFUPM, KSA, 2014.
- M.S., Polymer & Process Engineering, University of Engineering & Technology, Pakistan, 2010.
- B.S., (Hons.) Chemical Engineering, University of Engineering & Technology, Pakistan, 2008.
- Chemical EOR, Rheology of complex fluids, Interfacial phenomenon, Oilfield chemistry
- Majeed, T.; Sølling, T. I.; Kamal, M. S*. Foamstability: The Interplay between Salt-, Surfactant- and Critical Micelle Concentration. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering 2020, 187, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.petrol.2019.106871.
- Hussain, S.S.; Kamal, M.S*.; Murtaza, M. Effect of Aromatic Spacer Groups and Counterions on Aqueous Micellar and Thermal Properties of the Synthesized Quaternary Ammonium Gemini Surfactants. Journal of Molecular Liquids 2019, 296, 111837. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.molliq.2019.111837
- Deng, X.; Kamal, M. S.; Patil, S.; Hussain, S. M. S.; Zhou, X. A Review on Wettability Alteration in Carbonate Rocks: Wettability Modifiers. Energy & Fuels 2020, 34, 1, 31-54. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.energyfuels.9b03409.
- Kamal, M. S.; Hussain, S. M. S.; Fogang, L. T. Role of Ionic Headgroups on the Thermal, Rheological, and Foaming Properties of Novel Betaine-Based Polyoxyethylene Zwitterionic Surfactants for Enhanced Oil Recovery. Processes 2019, 7 (12), 908. doi: https://doi.org/10.3390/pr7120908.
- Ahmed, H.M.; Kamal, M.S*.; Al-Harthi, M. Polymeric and low molecular weight shale inhibitors: A review. Fuel 2019, 251, 187-217. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fuel.2019.04.038
Awards & Honors
- Best Ph.D. scholar award for the years 2013-2014 in Chemical Engineering.
- Best paper award in Young Professional Technical Symposium, Dhahran, KSA, April 2013.
- Winner of 4th student conference paper competition organized by the Ministry of Higher Education, held in Makkah, KSA, April-May, 2013.
- Recipient of King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals scholarship from 2010 to 2014.