Dr. Mohamed Mahmoud
Professor, Department of Petroleum Engineering
Dr. Mahmoud is a Professor at The Department of Petroleum Engineering. He joined KFUPM as an Assistant Professor in September 2011. Prior that he was working as an application scientist at AkzoNobel, Chicago, USA. From 2004-08 he worked as a Petroleum Engineer at Belayim Petroleum Co. in Egypt. During the period from 2001-04, he was a drilling engineer at Magawish Petroleum Co., Egypt. His Research interests are varied and covering subjects including Well simulation, enhanced oil recovery and multiphase flow in vertical and horizontal wells.
He is a Ph.D. Graduate in Petroleum Engineering from the Texas A&M University 2011. Prior to that, Mohamed undertook his M.Sc. Degree in Petroleum Engineering in Egypt in 2005.
- Ph.D., Petroleum Engineering, Texas A&M University, USA, 2011.
- M.S., Petroleum Engineering, Egypt, 2005.
- B.S., Petroleum Engineering, Egypt, 2001.
- Well stimulation, formation damage, enhanced oil recovery, drilling fluids, modeling of hole cleaning during drilling deviated and horizontal wells, and multiphase flow in vertical and horizontal wells.
- Tariq, Z., Mahmoud, M.*, Abdulraheem, A., Al-Nakhli, A., and BaTaweel, M. 2020. An Experimental Study to Reduce the Breakdown Pressure of the Unconventional Carbonate Rock by Cyclic Injection of Thermochemicals Fluids. Accepted, Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering. IF. 3.1, Q1.
- Tariq, Z., Mahmoud, M., Abdulraheem, A. 2020. An Intelligent data-driven Model for Dean-Stark Water Saturation Prediction in Carbonate Rocks. Accepted, NCAA-D-19-01467, in Neural Computing and Applications. IF 4.66, Q1 Journal.
- Elsayed, M., Mahmoud, M.*, El-Husseiny, A., Kamal, M.S., Al-Garadi, K. 2020. A New Method to Evaluate Reaction Kinetics of Acids with Carbonate Rocks Using NMR Diffusion Measurements. Accepted, Energy and Fuels. IF 3.02, Q1 journal.
- Lawal, L., Olayiwola, T., Abdel-Azeim, S., Mahmoud, M.*, Onawole, A., Kamal, M. 2020. Molecular Simulation of Kerogen-Water Interaction: Theoretical Insights into Maturity. Accepted, Journal of Molecular Liquids, IF 4.561, Q1.
- Alade, A.S., Hamdy, M., Mahmoud, M.*, Al Shehri, D., Mokheimer, E., Patil1, S., Al-Nakhli, A. 2020. A Preliminary Assessment of Thermochemical Fluid for Heavy Oil Recovery. Accepted, Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering. IF. 3.1, Q1.
- Mahmoud, M.*, Alade, O.S., Hamdy, M., Patil, S., Mokheimer, E.M. 2019. In Situ Steam and Nitrogen Gas Generation by Thermochemical Fluid Injection: A New Approach for heavy Oil Recovery. Accepted, Energy Conversion and Management. IF 7.18 Q1 Journal.
Awards & Honors
- First Winner in SPE Paper Contest Award, Egyptian Section, 2001.
- Best Paper Award for SPE Young Professional at the ATCE 2009, New Orleans Louisiana, USA. 2009.
- Best Paper Award for SPE Young Professional at the ATCE 2011, Colorado, Denver, USA, 2011.
- Distinguished Teaching Award, KFUPM, KSA, 2016.