Tel: + 966 (013) 860-8692
Location: Bldg. 76, Rm. 2213
Dr. Madhar Sahib Azad
Visiting Assistant Professor, Petroleum Engineering Department
Dr. Madhar Sahib Azad joined CPG as a visiting assistant professor in Jan 2021. Prior to that, he worked as a post-doctoral research fellow in the petroleum engineering department at the University of Alberta for a period of around 2 years. During his Ph.D., he introduced a new capillary number and an injectivity model for polymer flooding applications. Between July 2009 to June 2011, he also worked in India for a UAE based drilling company. He has been serving as a technical editor for petroleum engineering journals such as SPE journal, journal of petroleum science and engineering, energy and fuel, ACS omega, etc.
- Ph.D. in Petroleum Engineering from the University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada, Jan 2019.
- M.S. in Petroleum Engineering from the King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia, Dec 2014.
- B. Tech in Petroleum Engineering from the RGCE, Chennai, Tamil Nadu India, May 2009 (First class with distinction)
- Fundamental and applied aspects of EOR
- Applied rheology for reservoir engineering applications
- Unconventional oil recovery
- Reservoir simulation
- Pressure transient testing
- Azad, M.S and Trivedi, J.J. 2020. “Quantification of Sor reduction during viscoelastic polymer flooding using extensional capillary number” SPE Journal, 1-30, SPE 204212-PA.
- Azad,M.S and Trivedi,J.J.2020.“Extensional effects during viscoelastic polymer flooding: Understanding the unresolved challenges” SPE Journal, 25(04): 1827-1841, SPE 201112-PA.
- Azad,M.S and Trivedi,J.J.2020.“Does polymer’s viscoelasticity influence the heavy oil sweep efficiency and injectivity at 1ft/day?” SPE Reservoir Evaluation and Engineering Journal, 23 (02): 446-462, SPE 193771-PA.
- Azad,M.S and Trivedi,J.J.2019.“Quantification of viscoelastic effects during polymer flooding: A critical review” SPE Journal, 24 (06): 2731-2757, SPE 195687-P
- Azad, M.S and Trivedi, J.J.2019.“A novel viscoelastic model for predicting the synthetic polymer’s viscoelastic behavior in porous media using direct extensional rheological measurements” Fuel, 235: 218-226