Dr. Kion Norrman
Research Scientist I, CIPR
Dr. Kion Norrman is currently a Research Scientist in the Center for Integrated Petroleum Research, College of Petroleum Engineering & Geoscience, King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals. He was a Postdoctoral Researcher at University of Waterloo, Canada (1997–1998) with focus on fundamental gas-phase ion chemistry, followed by a one year stay at the Danish Technological Institute, Denmark (1998–1999). He continued his work at Risø National Laboratory, Denmark as a (i) Postdoctoral Researcher (1999–2002), (ii) as a Researcher (2002–2005), and (iii) as a Senior Research Scientist (2005–2012). From 2012 to 2019 he worked as a Senior Research Scientist at the Technical University of Denmark. The work involved chemical modification/degradation phenomena at surface and interfaces in order to control/understand physical properties (1999–2005) in mainly polymer materials, which later on (2005–2019) was expanded to materials used within sustainable energy, such as organic solar cells and solid oxide fuel/electrolysis cells.
- Ph. D., Chemistry, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 1996.
- M.S., Chemistry, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 1993
- Oilfield chemistry with focus on enhanced oil recovery
- Chemical degradation phenomena in materials
- Molecular understanding of solid-solid and solid-liquid interfaces
- Norrman, T. I. Sølling, M. Ceccato, E. Stamate, N. Bovet, S. L. S. Stipp, The chemical structure of organic layers at pore surfaces in Middle East reservoir rocks, Energy & Fuels 2018, 32, 11234–11242.