Dr. Isah Mohammed
Post-Doc Researcher, Department of Petroleum Engineering
Since September 2023, Dr. Isah Mohammed has worked as a postdoctoral research fellow in the Department of Petroleum Engineering at KFUPM. Prior to this role (2019 to 2023), he served as a research assistant. In this capacity, he gave a thorough analysis of the possible mitigation steps that may be implemented to avoid problems with asphaltene in oil wells. He is also knowledgeable in the evaluation of electrokinetic characteristics of minerals and the simulation-based representation of colloidal systems. Flow assurance is one of Dr. Isah’s research interests, and the development of remediation strategies is a particular area of focus.
- Ph.D., Petroleum Engineering, King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Saudi Arabia, 2023
- M.S., Petroleum Engineering, African University of Science and Technology, Abuja, Nigeria, 2017
- B.S., Chemical Engineering, Federal University of Technology, Minna, Nigeria, 2014
- Flow Assurance (Asphaltene, Wax, Hydrate, Scales)
- Molecular Dynamic Simulation and Quantum calculations
- Colloids and Interfacial Phenomenal
- Carbon Capture, Utilization and Storage
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Mohammed I, Yaseri A, Al Shehri D, Mahmoud M. Basalt minerp-l surface charge and the effect of mineralization on its colloidal stability: Implications of subsurface CO2 storage. Fuel 2024;356:129569.
- Mohammed I, AlShehri D, Mohamed M, Mohammed Kamal S, Olalekan Saheed A, Abdullah S, et al. Exploration of Novel Sacrificial Fluids for Asphaltene Adsorption Remediation. Day 2 Mon, Febr. 20, 2023, SPE; 2023, p. D021S081R001. https://doi.org/10.2118/213613-MS.
- Alade O, Mohammed I, Abdel-Azeim S, Shakil Hussain SM, Kamal MS, Mahmoud M, et al. Review on Applications of Ionic Liquids (ILs) for Bitumen Recovery: Mechanisms, Challenges, and Perspectives. Energy & Fuels 2023.
- Mohammed I, Al-Yaseri A, Al Shehri D, Mahmoud M. Electrokinetic Property and Colloidal Stability Study of Igneous Rocks: Implication on Carbon Mineralization and Underground CO2 Storage. Energy & Fuels 2023.
- Mohammed I, Al-Shehri D, Mahmoud M, Sultan AS, Kamal MS, Alade O, et al. Evaluation of Polymers as a Strategy to Reduce Asphaltene Adsorption on Rock Surface. SPE J 2023:1–17.
- Mohammed I, Al Shehri D, Mahmoud M, Kamal MS, Alade O, Arif M, et al. Effect of Native Reservoir State and Oilfield Operations on Clay Mineral Surface Chemistry. Molecules 2022;27:1739.
- Mohammed I, Isah A, Al Shehri D, Mahmoud M, Arif M, Kamal MS, et al. Effect of Sulfate-Based Scales on Calcite Mineral Surface Chemistry: Insights from Zeta-Potential Experiments and Their Implications on Wettability. ACS Omega 2022. https://doi.org/10.1021/acsomega.2c03403.
Extended Publications (+)
- Mohammed I, Abdel-Azeim S, Shehri D Al, Mahmoud M, Kamal MS, Alade OS, et al. Calcite–Brine Interface and Its Implications in Oilfield Applications: Insights from Zeta Potential Experiments and Molecular Dynamics Simulations. Energy & Fuels 2022.
- Mohammed I, Al Shehri D, Mahmoud M, Kamal MS, Alade OS. Feature Ranking and Modeling of Mineral Effects on Reservoir Rock Surface Chemistry Using Smart Algorithms. ACS Omega 2022;7:4194–201.
- Mohammed I, Al Shehri D, Mahmoud M, Kamal MS, Alade OS, Sultan A, et al. Effect of Reservoir Mineralogy on Asphaltene Structure and Remediation Strategy Efficiency. Energy & Fuels 2022. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.energyfuels.2c02856.
- Mohammed I, Mahmoud M, Al Shehri D, Kamal MS, Alade OS. Effects of the Reservoir Environment and Oilfield Operations on the Iron Mineral Surface Charge Development: An Insight into Their Role in Wettability Alteration. Energy & Fuels 2022;36:1676–87. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.energyfuels.1c03909.
- Mohammed I, Al Shehri D, Mahmoud M, Kamal MS, Arif M, Alade OS, et al. Investigation of Surface Charge at the Mineral/Brine Interface: Implications for Wettability Alteration. Front Mater 2022;9:1–15. https://doi.org/10.3389/fmats.2022.891455.
- Mohammed I, Mahmoud M, El-Husseiny A, Al Shehri D, Al-Garadi K, Kamal MS, et al. Impact of Asphaltene Precipitation and Deposition on Wettability and Permeability. ACS Omega 2021;6:20091–102. https://doi.org/10.1021/acsomega.1c03198.
- Mohammed I, Al Shehri DA, Mahmoud M, Kamal MS, Alade O. Surface Charge Investigation of Reservoir Rock Minerals. Energy & Fuels 2021:acs.energyfuels.1c00459. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.energyfuels.1c00459.
- Mohammed I, Al Shehri D, Mahmoud M, Kamal MS, Alade OS. A Surface Charge Approach to Investigating the Influence of Oil Contacting Clay Minerals on Wettability Alteration. ACS Omega 2021;6:12841–52. https://doi.org/10.1021/acsomega.1c01221.
- Mohammed I, Al Shehri D, Mahmoud M, Kamal MS, Alade OS. Impact of Iron Minerals in Promoting Wettability Alterations in Reservoir Formations. ACS Omega 2021;6:4022–33. https://doi.org/10.1021/acsomega.0c05954.
- Mohammed I, Mahmoud M, Al Shehri D, El-Husseiny A, Alade O. Asphaltene precipitation and deposition: A critical review. J Pet Sci Eng 2021;197:107956. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.petrol.2020.107956.
- Mohammed I, Olayiwola TO, Alkathim M, Awotunde AA, Alafnan SF. A review of pressure transient analysis in reservoirs with natural fractures, vugs and/or caves. Pet Sci 2021;18:154–72.
- Mohammed I, Afagwu CC, Adjei S, Kadafur IB, Jamal MS, Awotunde AA. A review on polymer, gas, surfactant and nanoparticle adsorption modeling in porous media. Oil Gas Sci Technol d’IFP Energies Nouv 2020;75:77.
- Haq B, Al Shehri DA, Mohammed I, Olayiwola T, Muhammed NS, Hasan Z. A new mathematical workflow to predict permeability variation using flowing gas material balance. Offshore Technol Conf Asia 2020, OTCA 2020 2020. https://doi.org/10.4043/30454-ms.
- Kaita AY, Ogolo O, Wu X, Mohammed I, Akpan EA. Study of the impact of injection parameters on the performance of miscible sour gas injection for enhanced oil recovery. J Pet Explor Prod Technol 2020;10:1575–89. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13202-019-00793-4.
- Adjei S, Wilberforce AN, Opoku D, Mohammed I. Probabilistic approach for shale volume estimation in Bornu Basin of Nigeria. Pet Gas Eng 2019:49.
- Isah M, Mukhtar A, Bilyaminu S. Energy Integration of Kero Hydrotreating Unit, A Case Study of Nigerian Refinery. J Chem Eng Process Technol 2018;09. https://doi.org/10.4172/2157-7048.1000386.