Dr. Husam Baalousha
Associate Professor, Department of Geosciences
Dr. Husam Baalousha is an Associate Professor at the Department of Geosciences, College of Petroleum and Geosciences (CPG), at King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (KFUPM). He earned his BSc Degree in Civil Engineering from Birzeit University, Palestine, his MSc Degree in Hydrological Engineering from Delft, the Netherlands, and his Ph.D. in Civil Engineering from Aachen University of Technology (RWTH) in Germany. He also earned a HDR degree (Habilitation degree) in hydrogeology from the University of Strasbourg,
His work experience spans more than 25 years, where he fulfilled a wide variety of roles in academia, industry, and governmental institutions. His experiences include hydrogeology, geoscience, modelling, integrated water resources management, and environmental protection. He made more than 70 scholarly contributions including journal papers, books, conference proceedings, and book chapters. Dr. Baalousha has completed projects in Germany, New Zealand, and in the Middle East. He is an Associate Editor of Hydrogeology Journal and Chief Editor of the International Journal of Hydraulic Engineering. He is a member of the International Association of Hydrogeologists (IAH), Modelling and Simulation Society of Australia and New Zealand (MODSIM), and the New Zealand Hydrological Society (NZHS).
- HDR., Hydrogeology, Laboratory of Hydrology and Geochemistry, University of Strasbourg, France, 2020.
- Ph.D., Institute of Hydraulic Engineering and Water Resources Management, Faculty of Civil Engineering, Aachen University of Technology (RWTH), Germany, 2003
- MSc., Hydrological Engineering, UNESCO IHE-Delft, The Netherlands, 1998.
- BSC., Civil Engineering, Birzeit University, Palestine, 1996.
- Environmental management.
- Vulnerability, and risk assessment.
- Flow in porous media.
- Numerical modelling.
- Uncertainty analysis, and stochastic hydrogeology.
- Baalousha, H. M.; Tawabini, B.; Seers, T. D. Fuzzy or Non-Fuzzy? A Comparison between Fuzzy Logic-Based Vulnerability Mapping and DRASTIC Approach Using a Numerical Model. A Case Study from Qatar. Water 2021, 13 (9), 1288. https://doi.org/10.3390/w13091288.
- Baalousha, H.; Fahs, M.; Ramasomanana, F.; Younes, A. Effect of Pilot-Points Location on Model Calibration: Application to the Northern Karst Aquifer of Qatar. Water 2019, 11 (4), 679. https://doi.org/10.3390/w11040679.
- Younes, A.; Mara, T. A.; Voltz, M.; Guellouz, L.; Musa Baalousha, H.; Fahs, M. A New Efficient Bayesian Parameter Inference Strategy: Application to Flow and Pesticide Transport through Unsaturated Porous Media. Journal of Hydrology 2018, 563, 887–899. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhydrol.2018.06.043.
- Baalousha, H. M. Vulnerability, Probability and Groundwater Contamination Risk. Environmental Earth Sciences 2017, 76 (11). https://doi.org/10.1007/s12665-017-6634-5.
- Baalousha, H. M. Groundwater Vulnerability Mapping of Qatar Aquifers. Journal of African Earth Sciences 2016, 124, 75–93. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jafrearsci.2016.09.017.
Extended Publications (+)
- Baalousha, H. M. Development of a Groundwater Flow Model for the Highly Parameterized Qatar Aquifers. Modeling Earth Systems and Environment 2016, 2 (2). https://doi.org/10.1007/s40808-016-0124-8.
- Baalousha, H. M. Drawdown and Stream Depletion Induced by a Nearby Pumping Well. Journal of Hydrology 2012, 466–467, 47–59. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhydrol.2012.08.010.
- Baalousha, H. Groundwater Pollution Risk Using a Modified Latin Hypercube Sampling. Journal of Hydroinformatics 2006, 8 (3), 223–234. https://doi.org/10.2166/hydro.2006.018b.
- Baalousha, H. Assessment of a Groundwater Quality Monitoring Network Using Vulnerability Mapping and Geostatistics: A Case Study from Heretaunga Plains, New Zealand. Agricultural Water Management 2010, 97 (2), 240–246. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.agwat.2009.09.013