Dr. Ben Mansour Dia
Research Scientist III, CIPR
Ben received M.Sc. and Master’s degrees in Applied Mathematics from Gaston Berger University and then Ph.D. in 2012. His doctoral studies had been taken place jointly at Gaston Berger University and at the Royal Institute of Technology of Stockholm. He joined CPG in October 2017 as Research Scientist III. Prior to that, he was a postdoctoral researcher with Prof. Raul Tempone at KAUST (King Abdullah University of Science and Technology). His work, at KAUST, is centered on stochastic optimal control, Bayesian Experimental Design, and is applied to a wide range of engineering problems like EOR, failures detection in composite materials, and Social Interactions.
- Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics, Gaston Berger University/Royal Institute of Technology
- M.S. in Applied Mathematics, Gaston Berger University
- M.S. in Applied Maths and Computer Science, Gaston Berger University.
- Uncertainty Quantification: Sampling techniques, Bayesian Experimental Design
- Computational Fluid Dynamics: 2-D shallow water flow, Two phase flow
- Control Theory & Applications : flow stabilization, optimal control of SDE
- Numerical Analysis: Finite Elements Method, Variational Multi-Scale formulation
- Joakim Beck, Ben Mansour Dia, Luis FR Espath, Quan Long, Raul tempone, Fast Bayesian experimental design: Laplace-based importance sampling for the expected information gain, 2017, arXiv:1710.03500.
- Ben Mansour Dia, Jesper Oppelstrup, Stabilizing local boundary conditions for 2d shallow water equations, Advances in Mechanical Engineering, 2017, Vol. 9(9) 1–11.
- Tomas Chacon Rebollo, Ben Mansour Dia, Variational Multi-Scale method with spectral approximation of the sub-scales: Application to 1-d convection-diffusion equation, Comput. Methods Appl. Mech. Engrg 285 (2015) 406-426.
- Dario Bauso, Ben Mansour Dia, Boualem Djehiche, Hamidou Tembine and Raul Tempone, Mean Field Games for Marriage, PLOS ONE 9(5): e94933, 2014.
- Ben Mansour Dia,Exponential Stability of shallow water equations with time dependent boundary action, Int. J. Dynam. Control (2014) 2:247–253.
- Ben Mansour Dia and Jesper Oppelstrup, Boundary feedback control of 2-D shallow water equations, J. Dynam. Control (2013) 1:41–53.
Awards & Honors
- International Science Programme (ISP, Uppsala University) fellowship, 2009 –
- Institute of Mathematics of the University of Sevilla (IMUS) fellowship, 2010.