Dr. Badr Bageri
Research Scientist III, CIPR
Dr. Badr joined the CIPR in September 2021 as Research Scientist. His main expertise is essentially in evaluating and improving the drilling fluid properties using new materials. He has other interests in stimulating the formation damage caused during the drilling operations.
- Ph.D., Petroleum Engineering, KFUPM, KSA, 2017
- M.Sc., Petroleum Engineering, KFUPM, KSA, 2012
- B.S., Haramout University, Yemen, 2007
- Drilling Fluid Properties
- Filter Cake Removal
- Formation Damage
- Bageri, B.S., Adebayo, A. R., Al Jaberi, J., Patil, S., and Babu, R.,, 2021, Evaluating drilling fluid infiltration in porous media – Comparing NMR, gravimetric, and X-ray CT scan methods, Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, vol. 198.
- Bageri, B. S., Gomaa, I., Mahmoud, M., Patil, S., and Al Nakhli, A., 2020, Complex barite filter cake removal using in ‑ situ generated acids by thermochemicals,” Scientific Reports, Nature, 15773 (2020).
- Bageri, B.S., Adebayo, A. R., Al Jaberi, J., and Patil, S., 2019, Effect of perlite particles on the filtration properties of high-density barite weighted water-based drilling fluid,” Powder Technology, PTEC-14912, p. 10.
- Bageri, B.S., Adebayo, A. R., Barri, A., Al Jaberi, J., Patil, S., Hussaini, R., and Babu, R., 2019, Evaluation of secondary formation damage caused by the interaction of chelated barite with formation rocks during filter cake removal,” Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, vol. 183.
- Bageri, B. S., Benaafi, M., Mahmoud, M., Patil, S., Mohamed, A., and Elkatatny, S., 2019, Effect of Arenite, Calcareous, Argillaceous, and Ferruginous Sandstone Cuttings on Filter Cake and Drilling Fluid Properties in Horizontal Wells,” Geofluids, vol. 2019.
Extended Publications (+)
- Bageri, B.S., Mahmoud, M., Abdulraheem, A., Al-Mutairi, S. H., Elkatatny, S., and Shawabkeh, R. A., 2017, Single stage filter cake removal of barite weighted water based drilling fluid, Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, vol. 149.
- Bageri, B. S., Al-Mutairi, S. H.; Mahmoud, M., 2013, Different Techniques for Characterizing the Filter Cake,” in SPE Unconventional Gas Conference and Exhibition, 28-30 January, Muscat, Oman.
- Bageri B. S., Mahmoud M.A., Shawabkeh R.A., and Abdulraheem A., Barite Filter Cake Removing Composition and Method. Application Number: US20170145289A1. Filed: 2015-Grant: 2019