Tel: +966 (013) 860-2625
Fax: +966 (013) 860-2595
Location: Bldg. 76, Rm. 2239
Dr. Ammar Elhusseiny
Assistant Professor, Geosciences Department
- Ph.D. in Geophysics, Stanford University, USA, 2016
- M.S. in Geophysics, Stanford University, USA, 2013
- B.S. (Honor)in Petroleum Geosciences, The Petroleum Institute, Abu Dhabi, UAE, 2010
- Rock physics of carbonates characterizing their transport and elastic properties.
- Fluid substitution and time-lapse seismic interpretation
- The use of NMR for pore structure characterization
- El-Husseiny, A. and Vanorio, T., 2015, The effect of micrite content on the acoustic velocity of carbonate rocks, Geophysics, v. 80, no. 4, p. L45-L55, doi: 10.1190/geo2014-0599.1.
- El Husseiny, A. and Vanorio, T., 2017, Porosity-permeability relationship in dual-porosity carbonate analogs, Geophysics, vol. 82, no. 1, MR65-MR74, doi: 10.1190/geo2015-0649.1
- El Husseiny, A. and Knight, R., 2017, A laboratory study of the link between NMR data and pore size in carbonate skeletal grains and micrite, Petrophysics, vol. 58, no. 2, 116-125
Awards & Honors
- Awarded the EAGE annual meeting Travel Grant, Vienna, Austria, May 2011
- Graduation from The Petroleum Institute with GPA of 4.0 out of 4.0 (honor with distinction), 2010.
- First place in the “SEG Challenge Bowl” regional competition in the Middle East, The Petroleum Institute, 2009.