Dr. Amjed Mohammed Hassan Sheikh Mohammed
Post-Doc Researcher, Petroleum Engineering Department
Dr. Amjed Hassan is a Post-Doctoral Fellow in the Department of Petroleum Engineering at KFUPM. He worked as a Researcher in the Petroleum Engineering Department from 2016-2020 during which he received his Ph.D. Dr. Hassan joined the Thermochemical Research Team at CPG-KFUPM in 2017. He served on the faculty of Engineering at the University of Khartoum from 2011 to 2015. Dr. Hassan filed several patents and published 70+ articles in international conferences and peer-reviewed journals. Dr. Hassan serves as an assistant reviewer for several ISI journals, such as Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering (JPSE), Fuel, RSC Advances, and Journal of Dispersion Science and Technology. Dr. Hassan has won SPE, SPWLA, and KFUPM research contests. Also, He received 12+ awards from Schlumberger company, SPWLA, and SPE. Dr. Hassan is an active member of the SPE, SPWLA, EAGE, and DGS societies.
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=9eF50NIAAAAJ&hl=en
- Ph.D., Petroleum Engineering, KFUPM, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, 2020
- M.S., Petroleum Engineering, KFUPM, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, 2015
- B.S., Petroleum Engineering, University of Khartoum, Sudan, 2011
- Condensate Removal Processes
- Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR)
- Artificial Intelligent Techniques
- Well Testing, Rock Integrity, and Complex-Wells Performance
- Hassan, A., Mahmoud, M. and Patil, S., 2021. Impact of Chelating Agent Salt Type on the Enhanced Oil Recovery from Carbonate and Sandstone Reservoirs. Applied Sciences, 11(15), p.7109.
- Chan, S.A., Hassan, A.M., Usman, M., Humphrey, J.D., Alzayer, Y. and Duque, F., 2021. Total organic carbon (TOC) quantification using artificial neural networks: Improved prediction by leveraging XRF data. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, p.109302.
- Hassan, A., Mahmoud, M., Al-Majed, A., Elsayed, M., Al-Nakhli, A. and BaTaweel, M., 2020. Performance analysis of thermochemical fluids in removing the gas condensate from different gas formations. Journal of Natural Gas Science and Engineering, 78, p.103333.
- Hassan, A.M. and Al-Hashim, H.S., 2020. Surface charge study of EDTA interaction with carbonate rock during chelating agent flooding. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, 191, p.107163.
- Alade, O., Mahmoud, M., Hassan, A., Murtaza, M., Shehri, D.A., Al-Nakhli, A. and Bataweel, M., 2020. A novel method of removing emulsion blockage after drilling operations using thermochemical fluid. SPE Drilling & Completion, 36(01), pp.88-100.
- Hassan, A., Mahmoud, M., Al-Majed, A., Alawi, M.B., Elkatatny, S., BaTaweel, M. and Al-Nakhli, A., 2019. Gas condensate treatment: A critical review of materials, methods, field applications, and new solutions. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, 177, pp.602-613.
Extended Publications (+)
- Hassan, A., Mahmoud, M., Al-Majed, A., Alade, O., Mokheimer, E.M. and Al-Nakhli, A., 2021. New Treatment for Improving the Productivity of Shale Reservoirs Using Thermochemical Fluids. Journal of Energy Resources Technology, 143(8), p.083003.
- Hassan, A., Sanuade, O.A. and Olaseeni, O.G., 2021. Prediction of physico-mechanical properties of intact rocks using artificial neural network. Acta Geophysica, pp.1-20.
- Tariq, Z., Hassan, A., Waheed, U.B., Mahmoud, M., Al-Shehri, D., Abdulraheem, A. and Mokheimer, E.M., 2021. A Data-Driven Machine Learning Approach to Predict the Natural Gas Density of Pure and Mixed Hydrocarbons. Journal of Energy Resources Technology, 143(9), p.092801.
- Hassan, A., Aljawad, M.S. and Mahmoud, M., 2021. An Artificial Intelligence-Based Model for Performance Prediction of Acid Fracturing in Naturally Fractured Reservoirs. ACS omega.
- Hassan, A., Abdulraheem, A. and Awadh, M., 2021. New approach to evaluate the performance of highly deviated water injection wells using artificial neural network. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, 196, p.107770.
- Barri, A.A., Hassan, A.M., Aljawad, M.S. and Mahmoud, M., 2021. Effect of Treatment Conditions on Matrix Stimulation of Carbonate Rocks with Chelating Agents. Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering, pp.1-14.
- Tariq, Z., Aljawad, M.S., Hassan, A., Mahmoud, M. and Al-Ramadhan, A., 2021. Chelating Agents as Acid-Fracturing Fluids: Experimental and Modeling Studies. Energy & Fuels, 35(3), pp.2602-2618.
- Alade, O.S., Hassan, A., Mahmoud, M., Al-Shehri, D. and Al-Majed, A., 2020. Novel approach for improving the flow of waxy crude oil using thermochemical fluids: experimental and simulation study. ACS omega, 5(8), pp.4313-4321.
- Hassan, A., Abdalla, M., Mahmoud, M., Glatz, G., Al-Majed, A. and Al-Nakhli, A., 2020. Condensate-Banking Removal and Gas-Production Enhancement Using Thermochemical Injection: A Field-Scale Simulation. Processes, 8(6), p.727.
- Ba Alawi, M., Hassan, A., Aljawad, M.S., Kamal, M.S., Mahmoud, M. and Al-Nakhli, A., 2020. A Novel Approach to Improve Acid Diversion in Carbonate Rocks Using Thermochemical Fluids: Experimental and Numerical Study. Molecules, 25(13), p.2976.
- Hassan, A., Mahmoud, M., Bageri, B.S., Aljawad, M.S., Kamal, M.S., Barri, A.A. and Hussein, I.A., 2020. Applications of chelating agents in the upstream oil and gas industry: a review. Energy & Fuels, 34(12), pp.15593-15613.
- Hassan, A., Mahmoud, M., Kamal, M.S., Hussain, S.M.S. and Patil, S., 2020. Novel Treatment for Mitigating Condensate Bank Using a Newly Synthesized Gemini Surfactant. Molecules, 25(13), p.3030.
- Hassan, A.M. and Al-Hashim, H.S., 2020. Oil Recovery Mechanisms During Sequential Injection of Chelating Agent Solutions into Carbonate Rocks. Journal of Energy Resources Technology, 142(1).
- Hassan, A.M., Mahmoud, M.A., Al-Majed, A.A., Al-Nakhli, A.R. and Bataweel, M.A., 2019. Water blockage removal and productivity index enhancement by injecting thermochemical fluids in tight sandstone formations. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, 182, p.106298.
- Hassan, A., Elkatatny, S. and Abdulraheem, A., 2019. Application of artificial intelligence techniques to predict the well productivity of fishbone wells. Sustainability, 11(21), p.6083.
- Hassan, A.M., Elkatatny, S. and Abdulraheem, A., 2019. Intelligent Prediction of Minimum Miscibility Pressure (MMP) During CO2 Flooding Using Artificial Intelligence Techniques. Sustainability, 11(24), p.7020.
- Hassan, A.M., Mahmoud, M.A., Al-Majed, A.A., Elkatatny, S., Al-Nakhli, A.R. and Bataweel, M.A., 2018. Novel technique to eliminate gas condensation in gas condensate reservoirs using thermochemical fluids. Energy & fuels, 32(12), pp.12843-12850.
Awards & Honors
- SPE prize for the best research in PhD division, for the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region (May 2020).
- First place at the post-graduate competition at the College of Petroleum and Geoscience, KFUPM (March 2019).
- Winner of the Entrepreneurial Emerging Leaders (EEL) Program at KFUPM (May 2018).
- Second place at the Student Scientific Forum at King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (April 2018)
- SPWLA prize for the best research in petrophysics, for the Middle East Region (February 2018).
- Engineering Council award for the best Graduation Project in Petroleum Engineering (March 2012).
- Ministry of Energy and Mining award for the best Academic Performance in Petroleum Engineering (February 2012).
- University of Khartoum Award for the best Academic Performance in Petroleum Engineering (November 2011).
- Schlumberger award for the best Academic Performance in Petroleum Engineering (May 2011).
- Schlumberger award for the best Graduation Project in Petroleum Engineering (August 2011).