Dr. Ahmed Farid Ibrahim
Assistant Professor, Petroleum Engineering Department
Dr. Ibrahim is an Assistant Professor at the Department of Petroleum Engineering, KFUPM. He worked as a Teaching Assistant at the Department of Petroleum Engineering, Cairo University for three years and as a Geo-mechanical Engineer at Advantek International Co. for three years. He worked as a senior reservoir Engineer at Apache’s North America Unconventional Resources Region. He earned his Ph.D. in December 2017 from Texas A&M University.
- Ph.D., Petroleum Engineering, Texas A&M University, USA, 2017.
- M.S., Petroleum Engineering, Cairo University, Egypt, 2011.
- B.S., Petroleum Engineering, Cairo University, Egypt, 2009.
- Reservoir modeling and simulation for conventional and unconventional reservoirs.
- Production and well performance analysis
- Reservoir Simulation, History Matching, and Parameter Estimation.
- CO2 sequestration, Foam Injection, Waterflooding, EOR, Coalbed methane.
- Ibrahim, A. F., Assem, A., & Ibrahim, M. (2020). A Novel Workflow for Water Flowback RTA Analysis to Rank the Shale Quality and Estimate Fracture Geometry. Journal of Natural Gas Science and Engineering, 103387. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jngse.2020.103387.
- Ibrahim, A. F., and Nasr-El-Din, H. A. 2019. Effect of well shut-in after fracturing operations on near-wellbore permeability. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, 106213.
- Ibrahim, A. F., Ibrahim, M, Pieprzica, C. 2019. Effect of Soaking Process on Gas Well Performance in shale formations: Actual Cases and Correlations Development. SPE Reservoir Evaluation & Engineering.
- Ibrahim, A. F., & Nasr-El-Din, H. A. 2019. Stability Improvement of Carbon Dioxide Foam Using Nanoparticles and Viscoelastic Surfactants for Enhanced-Oil-Recovery Applications. SPE Reservoir Evaluation & Engineering.
- Ibrahim, A.F. and Nasr-El-Din, H.A. 2017. Effects of Formation Water Salinity, Formation Pressure, Gas Composition, and Gas Flow Rate on CO2 Sequestration in Coal. Accepted for publication in SPEJ.
- Ibrahim, A. F., and Nasr-El-Din, H.A. 2016. Effect of Water Salinity on Coal Wettability During CO2 Sequestration in Coal Seams. Energy & Fuel. DOI: 10.1021/acs.energy fuels.6b01205
Awards & Honors
- OGAPS Grant, Texas A&M University, 2015
- SPE student paper Contest, Ranked First place in the subregional Middle East Level.
- Schlumberger Distinguished Student Award,2007 and 2008.