Dr. Ahmed Al-Yaseri
Research Engineer III, CIPR
Dr. Ahmed Al-Yaseri joined CIPR on December 2021 as a Research Scientist III in Geophysics/Petrophysics & Geomechanics group. His research interests focus on rock wettability, multi phase flow in porous media, carbon dioxide & hydrogen storage and improved hydrocarbon recovery. Al-Yaseri has authored more than 70 technical publications; he holds a PhD degree from Curtin University (Australia), MSc degree from Oklahoma University and BSc degree from Baghdad University, all in Petroleum Engineering.
- Ph.D., Petroleum Engineering, Curtin University, Australia, 2018.
- M.S., Petroleum Engineering, University of Oklahoma, USA, 2010.
- B.S., Petroleum Engineering, University of Baghdad, Iraq, 2002.
- Gas storage (H2 and CO2)
- Enhanced Oil and Gas Recovery
- Multi-phase flow through porous media
- Wettability and Interfacial Phenomena
- X-ray micro-computed tomography
- Unconventionals (Gas hydrates, Coal, Shale)
- Ahmed Al-Yaseri, Nilesh Kumar Jha, On hydrogen wettability of basaltic rock, Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering,Volume 200, 2021.
- Al-Yaseri, A. Z., Roshan, H., Lebedev, M., Barifcani, A., and Iglauer, S., Dependence of quartz wettability on fluid density, Geophys. Res. Lett., 43, 3771– 3776, 2016.
- Iglauer, S., Al-Yaseri, A. Z., Rezaee, R., and Lebedev, M., CO2wettability of caprocks: Implications for structural storage capacity and containment security, Geophys. Res. Lett., 42, 9279– 9284, 2015.
- Faisal Ur Rahman Awan, Ahmed Al-Yaseri, Hamed Akhondzadeh, Stefan Iglauer, Alireza Keshavarz, Influence of mineralogy and surfactant concentration on zeta potential in intact sandstone at high pressure, Journal of Colloid and Interface Science,Volume 607, Part 1, 2022.
- Ahmed Al-Yaseri, Domenik Wolff-Boenisch, Cut Aja Fauziah, Stefan Iglauer, Hydrogen wettability of clays: Implications for underground hydrogen storage, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy,Volume 46, Issue 69, 2021.
Extended Publications (+)
- Nilesh Kumar Jha, Ahmed Al-Yaseri, Mohsen Ghasemi, Duraid Al-Bayati, Maxim Lebedev, Mohammad Sarmadivaleh,Pore scale investigation of hydrogen injection in sandstone via X-ray micro-tomography, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy,Volume 46, Issue 70, 2021.
- Muhammad Ali, Nilesh Kumar Jha, Ahmed Al-Yaseri, Yihuai Zhang, Stefan Iglauer, Mohammad Sarmadivaleh, Hydrogen wettability of quartz substrates exposed to organic acids; Implications for hydrogen geo-storage in sandstone reservoirs, Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering,Volume 207,2021.
- Ahmed Z. Al-Yaseri, Maxim Lebedev, Sarah J. Vogt, Michael L. Johns, Ahmed Barifcani, Stefan Iglauer, Pore-scale analysis of formation damage in Bentheimer sandstone with in-situ NMR and micro-computed tomography experiments, Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, Volume 129, 2015.
- Hamed Akhondzadeh, Alireza Keshavarz, Ahmed Z. Al-Yaseri, Muhammad Ali, Faisal Ur Rahman Awan, Xin Wang, Yongfei Yang, Stefan Iglauer, Maxim Lebedev, Pore-scale analysis of coal cleat network evolution through liquid nitrogen treatment: A Micro-Computed Tomography investigation, International Journal of Coal Geology, Volume 219, 2020.
- Ahmed Z. Al-Yaseri, Maxim Lebedev, Ahmed Barifcani, Stefan Iglauer,Receding and advancing (CO2+brine+quartz) contact angles as a function of pressure, temperature, surface roughness, salt type and salinity,The Journal of Chemical Thermodynamics,Volume 93, 2016
Awards & Honors
- MOHESR full M.S. Scholarship in 2008.
- MOHESR full Ph.D. Scholarship in 2013.