Dr. Abdullah Abdulkarem Basaleh
Post-Doc Fellow, Department of Geosciences
Dr. Basaleh is a postdoctoral research associate at Geosciences Department at CPG, KFUPM. His research area is utilization of waste and natural materials for wastewater treatment by adsorption process, particularly the production of low-cost adsorbents for organic and inorganic pollutants removal
- Ph.D., Civil & Environmental Engineering, King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Saudi Arabia, 2021
- M.S., Civil & Environmental Engineering, King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Saudi Arabia, 2015
- B.S., Civil Engineering, Hadhramaut university, Yemen (2010)
- Industrial wastewater treatment using adsorption process.
- Polymeric composites synthesis for organic and inorganic pollutants removal from wastewater.
- Synthesis of low-cost, waste and natural-based adsorbents for sustainable wastewater treatment.
- A. Basaleh, M. H. Al-Malack, and T. A. Saleh, “Poly (acrylamide acrylic acid)/Baghouse dust magnetic composite hydrogel as an efficient adsorbent for metals and MB; synthesis, characterization, mechanism, and statistical analysis,” Sustain. Chem. Pharm., vol. 23, no. July, p. 100503, Oct. 2021, doi: 10.1016/j.scp.2021.100503
- A. Basaleh, M. H. Al-malack, and T. A. Saleh, “Poly ( acrylamide acrylic acid ) grafted on steel slag as an efficient magnetic adsorbent for cationic and anionic dyes,” J. Environ. Chem. Eng., vol. 9, no. 2, p. 105126, 2021, doi: 10.1016/j.jece.2021.105126.
- A. Basaleh, M. H. Al-Malack, and T. A. Saleh, “Polyamide-Baghouse Dust Nanocomposite for Removal of Methylene Blue and Metals; Characterization, Kinetic, Thermodynamic and Regeneration,” Chinese J. Chem. Eng., Oct. 2020, doi: 10.1016/j.cjche.2020.08.050.
- A. Basaleh, M. H. Al-Malack, and T. A. Saleh, “Methylene Blue Removal using Polyamide-Vermiculite Nanocomposites: Kinetics, Equilibrium and Thermodynamic Study,” J. Environ. Chem. Eng., vol. 7, no. March, p. 103107, 2019.
- A. Basaleh, M. H. Al-Malack, and T. A. Saleh, “Metal removal using chemically modified eggshells: preparation, characterization, and statistical analysis,” Desalin. Water Treat., vol. 18, no. 1, 2019
- A. Basaleh and M. H. Al-Malack, “Utilization of Municipal Organic Solid Waste for Production of Activated Carbon in Saudi Arabia,” Arab. J. Sci. Eng., vol. 43, no. 7, pp. 3585–3599, 2018.
- H. Al-Malack, O. G. Al-Attas, and A. A. Basaleh, “Competitive adsorption of Pb2+ and Cd2+ onto activated carbon produced from municipal organic solid waste,” Desalin. Water Treat., vol. 60, pp. 310–318, 2017
- M. H. Al-Malack and A. A. Basaleh, “Adsorption of heavy metals using activated carbon produced from municipal organic solid waste,” Desalin. Water Treat., vol. 57, no. 51, pp. 24519–24531, 2016
Awards & Honors
- B.S. degree with First-class honors .
- Best Poster Award at INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON SUSTAINABLE ENERGY-WATER-ENVIRONMENT NEXUS IN DESERT CLIMATE 2021, Qatar, 22-25 November 2021