Dr. Abduljamiu Olalekan Amao
Research Scientist III, CIPR
Dr. Amao is a Research Scientist working on modern benthic foraminifera in the Arabian Gulf, with focus on sampling whole communities along environmental gradients to understand ecological structures and environmental change. He has other interests in applied mineralogy and big data statistics
- Ph.D., Geology (King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia).
- M.S., Environmental Sciences (King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia).
- B.S., Biology (Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Nigeria).
- Micropaleontology and Biostratigraphy
- Statistics and Applied Mineralogy
- Applied Marine Geology
- Amao, A. O., Qurban, M. A., Kaminski, M. A., Joydas, T. V., Manikandan, P. K., & Frontalini, F. (2020). Dataset showing the abundance and distribution of benthic foraminifera in relation to marine sediment parameters from western Arabian Gulf. Data in brief, 28, 105014.
- Amao, A. O., Qurban, M. A., Kaminski, M. A., Joydas, T. V., Manikandan, P. K., & Frontalini, F. (2019). A baseline investigation of benthic foraminifera in relation to marine sediments parameters in western parts of the Arabian Gulf. Marine pollution bulletin, 146, 751-766.
- Wilson, B, P Farfan, L Hayek, M Kaminski, Amao O, and C Hughes (2019). Agglutinated and planktonic foraminifera of the Nariva Formation, Central Trinidad, as indicators of its age and paleoenvironment. Micropaleontology.
- Amao, A. O., Kaminski, M. A., Rostami, M. A., Gharaie, M. H. M., Lak, R., & Frontalini, F. (2018). Distribution of benthic foraminifera along the Iranian coast. Marine Biodiversity, 1-14.
- Amao, A. O., Kaminski, M. A., & Babalola, L. (2018). Benthic Foraminifera in Hypersaline Salwa Bay (saudi Arabia): An Insight into Future Climate Change in the Gulf Region? Journal of Foraminiferal Research, 48(1), 29-40.