Dr. Bidoor AlSaif
Research Assistant III, CIPR
Great interest in laser light, particularly, CW lasers stabilization using optical frequency comb for spectroscopic metrology and gas sensing applications. Developments of gas sensors in mid infrared (MIR) region with high sensitivity and precision has been achieved during the phd program. Moreover, I do have experience and interest in microfabrication of semiconductor devices that are usually fabricated in high class cleanrooms and perform both chemical and physical deposition/etching tools. Not to mention to stat of art characterizations tools of thin-films such as SEM, X-ray and AFM that is a must for the quality of fabrication process.
- Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, King Abdullah university of science and technology (KAUST), KSA- Thuwal.
- M.S., Physics, Laser Physics, King Saud University (KSU). KSA-Riyadh.
- B.S., Physics, Dammam college for girls: Imam Abdulrahman bin Faisal University (IAU). KSA-Dammam
- Optical frequency comb for optical metrology.
- Laser Spectroscopy in mid-infrared region and gas sensing for environmental application.
- Femtosecond lasers & ultrafast phenomena.
- Gotti, R., Puppe, T., Mayzlin, Y., Robinson-Tait, J., Wójtewicz, S., Gatti, D., AlSaif, B., et al. Comb-locked frequency-swept synthesizer for high precision broadband spectroscopy. Scientific reports, 10(1), pp.1-10 (2020).
- Gotti, R., Lamperti, M., Gatti, D., Wójtewicz, S., Puppe, T., Mayzlin, Y., AlSaif, B., et. al. Multispectrum rotational states distribution thermometry: application to the 3ν 1+ ν 3 band of carbon dioxide. New Journal of Physics, 22(8), p.083071 (2020).
- Gotti, R., Puppe, T., Mayzlin, Y., Robinson-Tait, J., Wójtewicz, S., Gatti, D., Alsaif, B., Lamperti, M., Laporta, P., Rohde, F. and Wilk, R., 2019, May. Spectroscopy with frequency comb-locked optical swept synthesizer. In 2019 Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics (CLEO) (pp. 1-2). IEEE.
- AlSaif, B., Gatti, D., Lamperti, M., Laporta, P., Farooq, M. Marangoni, A. Comb-calibrated sub-Doppler spectroscopy with an external-cavity quantum cascade laser at 7.7 μm. Opt. Express 27, 23785-23790 (2019)
- Lamperti, M., AlSaif, B., Gatti, D. et al. Absolute spectroscopy near 7.8 μm with a comb-locked extended-cavity quantum-cascade-laser. Sci Rep 8, 1292 (2018).
Extended Publications (+)
- AlSaif, B., Lamperti, M., Gatti, D., Laporta, P., Fermann, M., Farooq, A., Lyulin, O., Campargue, A. and Marangoni, M., High accuracy line positions of the ν1 fundamental band of 14N216O. Journal of Quantitative Spectroscopy and Radiative Transfer, 211, pp.172-178(2018).
- Alquaity, A.B., AlSaif, B. and Farooq, A.,. A widely-tunable and sensitive optical sensor for multi-species detection in the mid-IR. Measurement Science and Technology, 29(1), p.015201 (2017).
- Rojas, J.P., Sevilla, G.A.T., Ghoneim, M.T., Hussain, A.M., Ahmed, S.M., Nassar, J.M., Bahabry, R.R., Nour, M., Kutbee, A.T., Byas, E. and AlSaif, B.,Transformational electronics: a powerful way to revolutionize our information world. In Micro-and Nanotechnology Sensors, Systems, and Applications VI (Vol. 9083, p. 90831K). International Society for Optics and Photonics, 2014.
- Fattahi, H., Barros, H., Gorjan, M., Nubbemeyer, T., Alsaif, B., et. al. Third-generation femtosecond technology. Optica 1, 45-63 (2014)
Awards & Honors
- King Abdullah university of science and technology Ph.D. Fellowship, 2014-2019.
- International Max Planck Research Schools -Advance photon science (IMPRS-APS) Fellowship, 2011.