Ali Abdulwahab Oshaish
Laboratory Engineer, Laboratory Technical Support & Services
A dedicated and self-motivated petroleum engineer with +10 years’ experience, working with technology leaders in the oil and gas industry. My work experience was gained mainly in two areas. I have spent the 1st 4.5 years, after graduation, working with Schlumberger in well logging and wireline services. Then, I have joined Cameron to work for 6 years in the industry of surface production and completion systems. My vision is to exploit the acquired experience and work-related knowledge along with the intellectual curiosity and scientific passion in the research and development sector. My goal is to develop new ideas, improve the current practices and find innovative solutions related to the areas of formation and well integrity evaluations as well as surface completion and well control systems.
- B.S. in Petroleum Engineering (2006-2010), King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
- IN PROGRESS, M.S. in Petroleum Engineering (started in 2021)
- The stack up test of “Fluted Mandrel Hanger (FMH)” (Apr 2019)
- PEPTEC-2 (OH) and PEPTEC-2 (MDT), Schlumberger Advanced Wireline Training (Oct to Nov 2013)
- PEPTEC-0 and PEPTEC-1, Schlumberger Wireline Training (May to Aug 2011)
- Summer Training, Drilling & Measurement, Schlumberger Oilfield Services
- Well logging and formation evaluation
- Casing / cement evaluation.
- Dielectric, Induced Polarization and NMR applications
- Hassan, A., Mohammed, E., Oshaish, A., Badhafere, D., Ayranci, K., Dong, T., … & Mahmoud, M. (2023). Prediction of Total Organic Carbon in Organic-Rich Shale Rocks Using Thermal Neutron Parameters. ACS Omega.
- Oshaish, A., Hassan, A., Mahmoud, M., El-Husseiny, A., Al-Ofi, S., & Al-Yaseri, A. (2022). Evaluating the rock wettability using multi-frequency dielectric measurements: A review on the fundamental concept and experimental approach. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, 111177.
- Hassan, A. M., Elsayed, M. K., Oshaish, A. A., Al-Ofi, S. M., El-Husseiny, A. A. H., Abu-Mahfouz, I. S., … & Attia, H. M. (2022, October). A New Workflow to Study the Impact of Artificial Maturations on the Petrophysical Properties of Unconventional Shale Rocks. In ADIPEC. OnePetro.
Awards & Honors
- Winning Schlumberger Excellence Award in Service Quality in 2018.
- First-Class Honors BSc. from King Fahd University Petroleum & Minerals.
- Winning “College of Engineering Science Outstanding Student Award” in Petroleum Engineering, 2009