Ajibola Hakeem Okeyode
Research Assistant II, CIPR
Ajibola is a research assistant at the Centre for Integrative Petroleum Research, CPG, KFUPM, Saudi Arabia. His academic journey includes a Master’s degree in Life Sciences at KFUPM with a focus on the bioremediation of petroleum pollutants. Currently, he works within the Geosystem Research Group, specializing in the use of Advanced microscopy techniques for the visualization and analysis of geological, petroleum, chemical, and biological samples.
- M.S., Life Sciences, KFUPM, KSA, 2022.
- B.S., Microbiology, Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife, Nigeria, 2016
- Environmental Remediation
- Microbiology and Bioengineering
- Enhanced Oil Recovery
- Bioprocessing and Biotechnology
Okeyode, A. H., Al-Thukair, A., Chanbasha, B., Nazal, M. K., Afuecheta, E., Musa, M. M., Shahad, A., & Nzila, A. (2023). Degradation of the highly complex polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon coronene by the halophilic bacterial strain Halomonas caseinilytica, 10SCRN4D. Archives of Environmental Protection, 78-86. doi:10.24425/AEP.2023.147330.
Awards & Honors
- Ministry of Higher Education Scholarship (M.S. in Life Sciences, 2020-2022), Saudi Arabia.
- West Chester University Graduate Scholarship, United States 2017