Dr. Abdulaziz Obaid Al–Kaabi
Dean, Dean's Office
Dr. Abdulaziz O. Al-Kaabi is the first Dean of College of Petroleum Engineering & Geosciences (CPG), KFUPM. Previously he worked at Saudi Aramco as a Chief Technologist for Reservoir Engineering Technology at Saudi Aramco Advanced Research Center (EXPEC ARC) from 2002 to 2015. Earlier, from 1990 to 2002, he served at KFUPM and held the rank of Associate Professor in the Department of Petroleum Engineering, and the Director of Center for Petroleum and Minerals in the Research Institute. He returned to KFUPM as the founding Dean of College of Petroleum Engineering & Geosciences in 2015. He received his B.S. (1982) and M.S. (1984) from KFUPM, Saudi Arabia and Ph.D. (1990) in Petroleum Engineering from Texas A&M, USA.
- Reservoir Engineering
- Oil Recovery
- Formation Evaluation.
- US Patent 20120018160A1, 2013: Oil Recovery Process for Carbonate Reservoirs, Ali Abdullah Al-Yousif, Abdulaziz Al-Kaabi and Salah Hamad Al-Saleh.
- Al-Kaabi and W.J. Lee, “Authors’ Reply to Discussion on ‘Using Artificial Neural Nets to identify the Well Test Interpretation Model‘,” SPE Formation Evaluation Journal, SPE, Sep. 1994, pp. 238.
- Al-Kaabi and W.J. Lee, “Using Artificial Neural Networks to identify the Well Test Interpretation Model,” SPE Formation Evaluation Journal, SPE, Sep. 1993, pp. 233-240.
Awards & Honors
- The Custodian of the Two Holly Mosques Prize for Honoring Inventors and the Gifted (2017).
- “KFUPM-RI Best Research Team, 1996”, for the team of project PN 21111: Rock Compressibility and Formation Strength Indices in Sandstone Reservoirs; a research project funded by Saudi Aramco at KFUPM Research Institute.
- “Prince Mohammed Award, 1996”, for the team of project: Rock Wettebility, 1994.
- “Prince Mohammed Award, 1998”, for the team of project: Geostatistical and Evaluation of Petroleum Reservoir Charactaristic.
- “KFUPM-RI Best Research Team, 1998”, for the team of project PN 21129: Modeling of Hanifa Fracture Reservoir – Development of a Program to Construct a Cross-Sectional Model Between Two Wells Based on the Fractal Theory; a research project funded by Saudi Aramco at KFUPM Research Institute.
Manager of Finance & Administration Department, Dean's Office, Finance & Admin
Hassan Alhashim has over 10 years of experience in Saudi Aramco in the capital investments field mostly concentrated in the area of planning and budgeting of capital projects. His experience involves developing budgeting and capital expenditure policies, ensuring compliance to corporate policies, and providing capital funding guidance to management and other stakeholders. In addition, he has been continuously implementing process improvements to core activities, and his analytical thinking has provided him effective issue resolution and operational excellence. Moreover, he has also been rewarded with a plethora of opportunities to work with diversified teams on various projects such as office and residential buildings, gas plants, refineries, pipelines and more. Working at Saudi Aramco and its Affiliates have given him vast expertise in diagnostic and systematic thinking process that can successfully be applied to enhance an organization’s competence and efficiency
- B.S. in Business Administration – Finance, The University of Kansas (Lawrence, Kansas, USA), December 2009.
Yousef H. Botwaibah
Communication Administrator, Dean's Office
Having a vast experience in various major governmental organizations including Saudi Arabian National Guard (1984-90) and Saudi TV channel 2, Yousef joined CPG in 2017, working as CPG Communication Administrator. Prior to joining CPG, he was working as PR Specialist & Government Affairs Staff Advisor at Saudi Aramco from 1991 and retired in 2016 as Career Counselor.
- B.A, Double Major in English Inter-Personal Communication & French Linguistics, Sonoma State University, 1983, California, USA.
- French Language Training (summer classes) 1980-1982, University of Nice, France.
- French Language Training (summer classes) 1983, International Center for Language, Besançon, France
- Human Resources Development Program September 16-18, 1987, American Management Association, New York.
- Personnel Administration: Principles and Techniques June 18-30, 1988, MEIRC, Athens, Greece
- Compensation and Benefits August 5-7, 1989, MEIRC, Athens, Greece
- Recruitment and Selection Skills July 6-11, 1990, Human Resources Dev. Corp. Sousse, Tunisia
- Contract Administration Seminar November 21-23, 1992
- Coaching for Performance August 24-27, 1996
- Situational Leadership November 30-December 2, 1997
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People December 23-26, 2001
- Energizing & Empowering Employees May 28, 2006
- PR Protocol March 17-20, 2007
- 2nd Kuwait Conference on PR February 12-13, 2008
- Fikr 7 Cairo 2008 November 13-16, 2008
- 10th ASHRM International Conference & Exhibition March 29-31, 2010
- Specialist Social Responsibility Dec.15-19, 2013
- Conflict of Interest & Bus. Ethics June 25, 2014
Sayed Masroor Bakht
Secretary, Dean's Office
Sayed is a Secretary to the office of Dean at CPG and carries out a range of administrative and organizational duties.
- MA, Delhi University, India, 1988