Tajudeen Adeyinka Oyehan
Technical Research Assistant, Laboratory Technical Support & Services
Tajudeen joined Geosciences department in April 2015 shortly after completing his Master Degree in Environmental Sciences Program in the same department. He had his bachelor degree from Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Nigeria. His research interests span across different aspects of environmental (air, soil, and water) pollution assessment and remediation with a specific focus on microbial degradation of hydrocarbons, and pollution treatment using nanoscience, adsorption, and advanced oxidation as well as the application of machine learning in the research areas. Currently, he works in Environmental and Hydrology Lab where he operates and different state-of-the-art analytical instruments to support graduate students’ and faculty research activities.
- M.Sc., Environmental Sciences Program, Geosciences Dept., KFUPM, KSA, 2015.
- B.S., Agriculture (Plant Science) Obafemi Awolowo University, Nigeria.
- Analytical chemistry and environmental pollution assessment
- Application of nanotechnology, advanced oxidation and microbiology in pollution remediation
- Machine learning
- Oyehan, Tajudeen A., and Assad A. Al-Thukair (2017). “Isolation and Characterization of PAH-Degrading Bacteria from the Eastern Province, Saudi Arabia” Marine Pollution Bulletin,1–2: 39–46. doi:10.1016/j.marpolbul.2016.11.007
- Olabemiwo F., Tawabini B., Patel F., Oyehan T., M. Khaled, and Tahar L. (2017) “Cadmium Removal from Contaminated Water using Polyelectrolyte-Coated Industrial Waste Fly Ash” Bioinorganic Chemistry & Applications. pg 1-13. doi:10.1155/2017/7298351.
- Alade I.O., Oyehan T.A. Popoola K.I., Sunday O.O., Bagudu A. (2017) “Modeling Thermal Conductivity Enhancement of Metal and Metallic Oxide Nanofluids using Support Vector Regression”. Advanced Power Technology. doi:10.1016/j.apt.2017.10.023
- Tajudeen A. Oyehan and Dr. Baqer M. Ramadan (2014). “Management of oil spill in Nigeria using GIS” In ESRI Middle East and Africa Users conference, holding at The Regency Hotel, Kuwait City, Kuwait, October 20 – 22, 2014.
- Tajudeen A. Oyehan (2013). Assessment and Characterization of Indoor Particulates using SEM-EDS (A poster presentation in Saudi Students Scientific Conference, 4th edition, SSC4 held in Makkah, Saudi Arabia, April 29 – May 2nd, 2013)
- Jason K., Alyssa S., Jas G., Miha S., Andrea S.R., Marcela A. and Tajudeen A.O (2010). Amaranth for Africa. A winning business report in 2010 GEEBIZ Competition (see geebiz.org)
- NCBI GenBank submissions
- As part of MS thesis research outcomes, 15 unique strains of hydrocarbon-degrading bacteria were submitted to GenBank with accession numbers KP662547–51, KP683357, KP79227986–94. (See http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/nuccore/KP683357)
Awards & Honors
- Earth Sciences Best Graduate Student for 2012/2013 session
- Second Best, Research Poster Presentation in Basic Sciences and Engineering Section, Student Scientific Conference 4th Edition (2013), held in Makkah Saudi Arabia
- 2010 Global Leadership Award and Member of Winning Team of Global Enterprise Experience Champion Business Proposal, Victoria University of Wellington. (See geebiz.org).