Tel: +966 (013) 860-1793
Location: Bldg. 76, Rm. 1160
Dr. Mohammed H. B. Benaafi
Post-Doc Researcher, Geosciences Department
- Ph.D. in Geology. Geosciences Department, College of Petroleum Engineering & Geosciences (CPG), King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals (KFUPM), Dhahran, Saudi Arabia. 2013-2017
- M.Sc. in Petroleum Geology. Geology Department, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. 2009-2011
- B.S. in Petroleum Management. College of Oil and Minerals, Aden University. 1998-2002
- Siliciclastic sedimentology, stratigraphy, and diagenesis
- Natural fractures characterization and diagenesis
- Geochemistry of sandstone reservoirs
- Tight sandstone reservoirs
- Sand characterization and its uses in oil industry
- Al-Laboun, A., A. Al-Quraishi, H. Zaman, and M. Benaafi, 2014, Reservoir characterization of the Burqan Formation sandstone from Midyan Basin, northwestern Saudi Arabia: Turkish Journal of Earth Sciences, v. 23, no. 2, p. 204–214.
- Benaafi, M., and O. Abdullatif, 2015, Sedimentological, mineralogical, and geochemical characterization of sand dunes in Saudi Arabia: Arabian Journal of Geosciences, v. 8, no. 12, p. 11073–11092.
- Benaafi, M., M. Hariri, O. Abdullatif, M. Makkawi, and A. Al-Shaibani, 2017, Analysis of lineaments within the Wajid Group, SW Saudi Arabia, and their tectonic significance: Arabian Journal of Geosciences, v. 10, no. 5, p. 106.
- Benaafi, M., & Alfaif, H. (2013). Distribution of Stable Heavy Minerals in Nutaysh Member of Burqan Formation, Midyan Basin, NW Saudi Arabia. 10th Meeting of the Saudi Society for Geosciences.
- Benaafi, M., Hariri, M., Abdullatif, O., Al-Shaibani, A., & Makkawi, M. (2016). Integrative Study of Sedimentological and Geomechanical Properties of Wajid Group Sandstone, SW Saudi Arabia. In EAGE/SPE Workshop on Integrated Geomechanics in Exploration and Production.
- Benaafi, M., Abdullatif, O., Razzaq, W. A., & Zoghbi, B. (2016). Geological Characterization of Saudi Arabia Sand for Oilfield Applications. In SPE Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Annual Technical Symposium and Exhibition. Society of Petroleum Engineers.
- Benaafi, M., Hariri, M., Abdullatif, O., Makkawi, M., & Korvin, G. (2016). Sedimentological and Stratigraphic Controls on Natural Fracture Distribution in Wajid Group, SW Saudi Arabia. In EGU General Assembly 2016.
Awards & Honors
- Research Award from Geosciences Department, KFUPM. 2014.