Laboratory Specialist, Laboratory Technical Support & Services
Mr. Mahmoud Elsayed is currently working as a Laboratory Specialist in Laboratories Technical Support & Services Department at College of Petroleum Engineering & Geoscience. He has done an extensive training in The University of Western Australia (UWA) in advanced NMR rock core analysis techniques – specifically diffusion and propagator measurments. He is actively participating in research and providing training to graduate student and Aramco’s NMR laboratory Personnel on NMR expriements. He also participated in writing several proposal projects with Aramco.
- M.S. in Petroleum Engineering (2017-2019) King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
- B.S. in Petroleum Engineering (2013-2017) King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) Applications in Oil & Gas Industry
- Well Logging
- Hassan, A., Mahmoud, M., Al-Majed, A., Elsayed, M., Al-Nakhli, A., & BaTaweel, M. (2020). Performance Analysis of Thermochemical Fluids in Removing the Gas Condensate from Different Gas Formations. Journal of Natural Gas Science and Engineering, 103333. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jngse.2020.103333
- Elsayed, M., Glatz, G., El-Husseiny, A., Alqubalee, A., Adebayo, A., Al-Garadi, K., & Mahmoud, M. (2020). The Effect of Clay Content on the Spin–Spin NMR Relaxation Time Measured in Porous Media. ACS Omega, 5(12), 6545–6555. https://doi.org/10.1021/acsomega.9b04228
- Elsayed, M., Mahmoud, M., El-Husseiny, A., Kamal, M. S., & Al-Garadi, K. (2020). A New Method To Evaluate Reaction Kinetics of Acids with Carbonate Rocks Using NMR Diffusion Measurements. Energy & Fuels, 34(1), 787–797. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.energyfuels.9b03784
- Yang, K., Li, M., Ling, N. N. A., May, E. F., Connolly, P. R. J., Esteban, L., Clennell, M. B., Mahmoud, M., El-Husseiny, A., Adebayo, A. R., Elsayed, M., & Johns, M. L. (2019). Quantitative Tortuosity Measurements of Carbonate Rocks Using Pulsed Field Gradient NMR. Transport in Porous Media, 130(3), 847–865. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11242-019-01341-8
Awards & Honors
- Recipient of King Fahd University Petroleum & Minerals, MSc & BSc Scholarships.
- Second-Class Honors BSc from King Fahd University Petroleum & Minerals
- First Prize in Endogenous program organized by SPE Young Professionals and the Student Outreach teams