Tel: +966 (013) 860-2848
Fax: +966 (013) 860-2595
Location: Bldg. 76, Rm. 2123
Dr. Waleed Abdulghani
Assistant Professor, Geosciences Department
- Ph.D., in Petroleum Geology, University of Manchester, 2011
- M.Sc., in Petroleum Geology, KFUPM
- B.Sc., in Petroleum Geology, King Abdulaziz University
- Petroleum Geology
- Carbonate Petrography
- Carbonate Reservoir Characterization
- Ibrahim Yousif, Osman Abdullatif Mohammed Makkawi, Mazin Bashri, Waleed Abdulghani, 2017, ” Lithofacies, Paleoenvironments and high-resolution stratigraphy of the D5-D6 Members of Middle Jurassic carbonates Dhruma Formation, outcrop analog, central Saudi Arabia”, Journal: Submitted to Journal of African Earth Sciences.
- Ibrahim Yousif, I., O. Abdullatif, M. Makkawi, and W. Waleed Abdulghani, 2017, Lithofacies, Paleoenvironments and Diagenesis of the Middle Jurassic Carbonate Dhruma Formation: Implications on Reservoir Quality, Outcrop Analog Approach, Central Saudi Arabia, AAPG/SEG International Conference & Exhibition in London, England, 15-18 October 2017 (Accepted).
- Ibrahim Yousif, Abdullatif O., Makkawi M., AbdulGhani W. 2017. Sedimentology and High Resolution Sequence Stratigraphy of the Middle Jurassic Dhruma Formation Carbonates Outcrops in the Central Saudi Arabia, EGU2017-4124, accepted in the European Geoscience Union General Assembly Conference (EGU), April 23, 2017.
Awards & Honors
- 1997 – Prince Mohammed bin Fahd bin Abdulaziz Award for Scientific Excellence, Eastern Province, Saudi Arabia
- 1992 – Scholarship – King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals
- 1991 – First Scientific Award of the Organization of Arab Petroleum Exporting Countries
- 1990 – Prince Mohammed bin Fahd bin Abdulaziz Award for Scientific Excellence, Eastern Province, Saudi Arabia
- 1988 – Financial Support, The Research Institute, KFUPM (Award No.: CGS/GEOL/710/87 dated 03 Dec 1998) for the research work leading to the Master Thesis
- 1987 – Scholarship, M.Sc. Degree in Geology granted by KFUPM
- 1985 – Best Student Award for Student Activities from Faculty of Earth Sciences, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
- 1984 – Best Student Award for Student Activities from Faculty of Earth Sciences, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia