Dr. Syed Niaz Ali Shah
Post-Doc Researcher, CIPR
Dr. Syed Niaz Ali Shah is currently working as a postdoctoral fellow in the Center for Integrated Petroleum Research, College of Petroleum Engineering & Geoscience, King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals. Before joining KFUPM, he worked as visiting faculty at Abdul Wali Khan University, Mardan, Pakistan, and a research associate at Quaid-I-Azam University, Islamabad, Pakistan. He was a postdoctoral fellow at the Department of Chemistry, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China (10/2017 to 10/2019). He got his Ph.D. degree from the Department of Chemistry, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China (2017), M.Phil. degree from Quaid-I-Azam University, Islamabad, Pakistan (2014), and a Master degree from the Institute of Chemical Sciences, University of Peshawar, Pakistan (2011).
- Postdoctoral Fellow at Tsinghua University, Beijing, China (10/2017 to 10/2019)
- Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry from Tsinghua University, Beijing, China, 2017
- M.Phil. in Analytical/Inorganic Chemistry from Quaid-I-Azam University, Islamabad, Pakistan, 2014
- Master in Analytical Chemistry from Institute of Chemical Sciences, University of Peshawar, Pakistan, 2011
- Synthesis, characterization, and properties of nanomaterials including nanoparticles, carbon nanotubes, nanowires, nanobelts, and graphene
- Design, fabrication, and spectral study of new persistent luminescent materials
- Enhancement of chemiluminescence signals of ultra-weak systems by the application of nanomaterials and their analytical applications
- Synthesis of complexes and their uses as luminescent materials
- Faisal Hayat1, Syed Niaz Ali Shah1, Zia-ur-Rehman, Francine Bélanger-Gariepy. Antimony(III) dithiocarbamates: Crystal structures, supramolecular aggregations, DNA binding, antioxidant and antileishmanial activities. Polyhedron, 2021:194, 114909.
- Abrar Ahmad, Syed Niaz Ali Shah, Mehwish Arshad, Francine Bélanger-Gariepy, Edward R.T. Tiekink, Zia ur Rehman. A copper diimine-based honeycomb-like porous network as an efficient reduction catalyst. Applied Organometallic Chemistry. 2021;35:e6065.
- Syed Niaz Ali Shah,* Mashooq Khan, Zia-ur-Rehman. A prolegomena of periodate and peroxide chemiluminescence. Trends in Analytical Chemistry 122 (2020) 115722.
- Jamal Abdul Nasir, Zia-ur-Rehman, Syed Niaz Ali Shah, Azam Khan, Ian S Butler, C. Richard A. Catlow. Recent Developments and Perspectives in CdS-based Photocatalysts for Water Splitting. Journal of Materials Chemistry A. 2020, 8, 20752–20780.
- Syed Niaz Ali Shah, Aamir Hassan Shah, Xiangnan Dou, Mashooq Khan, Ling Lin, Jin-Ming Lin. Radical Triggered Chemiluminescence of Phenanthroline Derivatives: An Insight into Radical-Aromatic Interaction. ACS Omega 2019, 4, 12, 15004-15011.
- Syed Niaz Ali Shah, Xiangnan Dou, Mashooq Khan, Katsumi Uchiyama, Jin-Ming Lin. N-doped carbon dots/H2O2 chemiluminescence system for selective detection of Fe2+ ion in environmental samples. Talanta 196 (2019) 370–375.
Extended Publications (+)
- Mashooq Khan, Weiwei Li, Sifeng Mao, Syed Niaz Ali Shah, Jin-Ming Lin. Real-time imaging of ammonia release from single live cells via liquid crystal droplets immobilized on the cell membrane. Advanced Science 2019, 1900778, 1-10.
- Xiangnan Dou, Qiang Zhang, Syed Niaz Ali Shah, Mashooq Khan, Katsumi Uchiyama, Jin-Ming Lin. MoS2-Quantum Dots Triggered Reactive Oxygen Species Generation and Depletion: Responsible for Enhanced Chemiluminescence. Chemical Science 2019, 10, 497-500.
- Nan Li, Weifei Zhang, Ling Lin, Syed Niaz Ali Shah, Yuxuan Li, Jin-Ming Lin. Nongenetically Encoded and Erasable Imaging Strategy for Receptor-Specific Glycans on Live Cells. Analytical Chemistry 2019, 91, 2600-2604.
- Mashooq Khan, Zengnan Wu, Sifeng Mao, Syed Niaz Ali Shah, Jin-Ming Lin. Controlled grafted poly(quartanized-4-vinylpyridine-co-acrylicacid) brushes allure bacteria for effective antimicrobial surfaces. Journal of Material Chemistry B 2018, 6(22), 3782-3791.
- Syed Niaz Ali Shah, Ling Lin, Yongzan Zheng, Dingkun Zhang, Jin-Ming Lin. Redox cycling of iron by carbon dot enhanced chemiluminescence: Mechanism of electron-hole induction in carbon dot. Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics 2017, 19(32), 21604–21611.
- Syed Niaz Ali Shah, Jin-Ming Lin: Recent advances in chemiluminescence based on carbonaceous dots. Advances in Colloid and Interface Science 241 (2017) 24–36.
- Syed Niaz Ali Shah*, Zahir Shah, Muzammal Hussain, Muzaffar Khan. Hazardous Effects of Titanium Dioxide Nanoparticles in Ecosystem. Bioinorganic Chemistry and Applications. Volume 2017, Article ID 4101735.
- Yongzan Zheng, Dingkun Zhang, Syed Niaz Ali Shah, Haifang Li, Jin-Ming Lin. Ultra-weak chemiluminescence enhanced by facilely synthesized nitrogen-rich quantum dots through chemiluminescence resonance energy transfer and electron hole injection. Chemical Communications 2017, 53, 5657-5660.
- Dingkun Zhang, Yongzan Zheng, Xiangnan Dou, Haifeng Lin, Syed Niaz Ali Shah, and Jin-Ming Lin. Heterogeneous chemiluminescence from gas-solid phase interactions of ozone with alcohols, phenols and saccharides. Langmuir 2017, 33 (15) 3666−3671.
- Dingkun Zhang, Yongzan Zheng, Xiangnan Dou, Syed Niaz Ali Shah, and Jin-Ming Lin. Gas-phase chemiluminescence of reactive negative ions evolved through corona discharge in air and O2 atmospheres. RSC Advances, 2017, 7, 15926–15930.
- Syed Niaz Ali Shah, Yongzan Zheng, Haifang Li, Jin-Ming Lin: Chemiluminescence Character of ZnS Quantum Dots with Bisulphite-Hydrogen Peroxide System in Acidic Medium. The Journal of Physical Chemistry C 2016, 120(17), 9308−9316.
- Syed Niaz Ali Shah, Haifang Li, Jin-Ming Lin: Enhancement of periodate-hydrogen peroxide chemiluminescence by nitrogen doped carbon dots and its application for determination of pyrogallol and gallic acid. Talanta 153 (2016) 23–30.
- Sher Ali, Zia-ur-Rehman, Muneeb-ur-Rehman, Imran Khan, Syed Niaz Ali Shah, Rana Faryad Ali, Afzal Shah, Amin Badshah, Kamran Akbar, Francine Bélanger-Gariepy: New homobimetallic organotin(IV) dithiocarbamates as potent antileishmanial agents. Journal of Coordination Chemistry 2014, 67(20) 3414-3430.
- Jasmin Shah, M. Rasul Jan, Sultan Shah, S. Niaz Ali Shah: Spectrofluorimetric determination of cephradine in commercial formulation using ethylacetoacetate-formaldehyde as fluorogenic agent. Journal of Analytical Chemistry 2014, 69(7) 638–645.
Awards & Honors
- IUPAC International Congress on Analytical Sciences (ICAS) 2017 award for best poster in the 6th ICAS meeting held at Haikou, Hainan, China on May 8th, 2017.
- Tsinghua-MHI (Mitsubishi Heavy Industries) Joint R&D Honored Graduate Award of 2016 on April 4, 2017.
- Best poster award (Analyst poster prize) from the Royal Society of Chemistry at 16th Beijing Conference and Exhibition on Instrumental Analysis (BCEIA 2015), Beijing, China, on October 27-30, 2015