Dr. Septriandi Chan
Post-Doc Researcher, Department of Geosciences
Dr. Septriandi Asmaidi Chan graduated with a Ph.D. Geology focuses on unconventional from the Geosciences Department at King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals (KFUPM) in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia. He graduated with a Master’s degree (2016) in Geology from KFUPM, following a Bachelor’s degree (October 2011) in Geological Engineering from the University of Padjadjaran (UNPAD) in Indonesia. His research focuses on sedimentology, stratigraphy and chemostratigraphy of unconventional reservoirs.
- Ph.D., Geology, KFUPM, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, 2021
- M.S., Geology, KFUPM, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, 2016
- B.S., Geology, University of Padjadjaran (UNPAD), Indonesia, 2011
- Unconventional reservoirs characterization
- Sedimentology and stratigraphy of mudstone/mudrocks
- Mineralogical and elemental composition of unconventional source rocks/reservoirs
- Hassan, A., Chan, S., Mahmoud, M., Aljawad, M. S., Humphrey, J., & Abdulraheem, A. (2022). Artificial Intelligence-Based Model of Mineralogical Brittleness Index Based on Rock Elemental Compositions. Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering, 1-17.
- Chan, S.A., Hassan, A.M., Usman, M., Humphrey, J.D., Amao, A.O., Argadestya, I., Alzayer, Y., Duque, F. (2021). Total organic carbon (TOC) quantification using artificial neural networks (ANN): Improved prediction by leveraging XRF data. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, 29.
- Kaminski, M.A., Amao, A.O., Babalola, L.O., Bălc, R., Chan, S.A., Gull, H.M., Bu Khamsin, A., Malik, M.H. (2020). Benthic foraminiferal assemblages from maximum flooding surface J30, Middle Jurassic Dhruma Formation, Central Saudi Arabia. Stratigraphy, 17(4), 279-292.
- Ismanto, A.W., Chan, S.A., Babalola, L.O., Kaminski, M.A., Al-Ramadan, K.A., Abdullatif, O.M. 2019. Microfacies, biofacies, and depositional environments of the Bajocian–Bathonian Middle Dhruma carbonates, central Saudi Arabia. International Journal of Earth Sciences, 108(8), 1-25.
- Chan, S.A., Kaminski, M.A., Babalola, L.O., Al-Ramadan, K. 2017. Foraminiferal biofacies and depositional environments of the Burdigalian mixed carbonate and siliciclastic Dam Formation, Al-Lidam area, Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia. Paleogeography, Paleoclimatology, Paleoecology, 469, 122-137
Awards & Honors
- Second place winner at 14th Annual International SEG Challenge Bowl Finals 2019, San Antonio, Texas.
- Recipient of AAPG Foundation Grants-in-Aid Program 2019 (Allen & Eleanor Martini Named Grant).
- President of EAGE KFUPM Student Chapter 2017 – 2018 and awarded “Best Student Chapter Third Prize”
- Best Paper and Presentation Student. 36th Annual Convention and Exhibition Indonesian Petroleum Association (IPA). Jakarta, Indonesia, May 2012.
- President of AAPG UNPAD Student Chapter 2010 – 2011 and awarded “Honorable Mention International Student Chapter” (The 2nd Best International Student Chapter B.)