Dr. Sabyasachi Chattopadhyay
Dr. Chattopadhyay is currently a researcher in CIPR and is looking into the LA (193 mm) – HR (Element XR) -ICP MS facility at the Radiogenic and Heavy Elements Isotope Lab in CPG. Dr. Chattopadhyay is a geologist by qualification and is involved in setting up of in-situ grain scale geochronological and geochemical analytical facilities at CPG along with processing of rocks and minerals. Dr. Chattopadhyay was a visiting scholar at the School of Natural Sciences, Macquarie University where he worked with Prof. Stephen Foley (a renowned geoscientist) before he moved to KSA to join CIPR – CPG.
- Ph.D., Geology, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, 2017
- M.S., Geology, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, 2012
- B.S. (H), Geology, University of Calcutta, 2010
- Crust – Mantle interaction, crustal accretion and growth
- Petrology and Geochemistry
- Chattopadhyay S, Upadhyay D, Nanda JK, Mezger K, Pruseth KL, Berndt J (2015) Proto- India was a part of Rodinia: evidence from Grenville-age suturing of the Eastern Ghats Province with the Paleoarchean Singhbhum Craton. Precambrian Research 266: 506–529
- Upadhyay D, Chattopadhyay S, Kooijman E, Mezger K, Berndt J (2014) Magmatic and metamorphic history of Paleoarchean tonalite–trondhjemite–granodiorite (TTG) suite from the Singhbhum Craton, eastern India. Precambrian Research 252: 180–190
- Upadhyay D, Chattopadhyay S, Mezger K (2019) Formation of Paleoarchean- Mesoarchean Na-rich (TTG) and K-rich granitoid crust of the Singhbhum craton, eastern India: Constraints from major and trace element geochemistry and Sr-Nd-Hf isotope composition. Precambrian Research 327: 252-272.
- Upadhyay D, Chattopadhyay S, Kooijman E, Mezger K, Berndt J (2015) Corrigendum to “Magmatic and metamorphic history of Paleoarchean tonalite– trondhjemite–granodiorite (TTG) suite from the Singhbhum craton, eastern India” [Precambrian Res. 252 (2014) 180– 190], Precambrian Research, 260, 161-162.
Awards & Honors
- Visiting Fellowship, Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia
- Goldschmidt, Indian Ambassador to the European Association of Geochemistry and the Geochemical Society, 2015