Tel: +966 (013) 860-1934
Fax: +966 (013) 860-2595
Location: Bldg. 76, Rm. 1253
Dr. Qinzhuo Liao
Assistant Professor, Department of Petroleum Engineering
Dr. Liao is an assistant professor at the Department of Petroleum Engineering. Before joining KFUPM, he was a postdoctoral researcher in Stanford University and Peking University from 2015 to 2017.
- Ph.D., Petroleum Engineering, University of Southern California, USA, 2014.
- B.Sc., Mechanical Engineering, Peking University, China, 2009.
- Uncertainty Quantification/Sensitivity Analysis
- History Matching/Data Assimilation
- Upscaling/Grid Coarsening
- Reservoir Simulation/Flow and Transport in Porous Media
- Qinzhuo Liao*, Lingzao Zeng, Haibin Chang, and Dongxiao Zhang (2019). Efficient history matching using Markov chain Monte Carlo by means of transformed adaptive stochastic collocation method. SPE Journal, SPE-194488.
- Qinzhuo Liao*, Gang Lei, Dongxiao Zhang, and Shirish Patil (2019), Analytical solution for upscaling hydraulic conductivity in anisotropic heterogeneous formations. Advances in Water Resources, 128, 97–116.
- Yi Hong, Qinzhuo Liao*, Celine Bonhomme, and Ghassan Chebbo (2019), Physically-based urban stormwater quality modelling: an efficient approach for calibration and sensitivity analysis, Journal of Environmental Management, 246, 462–471.
- Gang Lei, Qinzhuo Liao*, Shirish Patil, and Yang Zhao (2019), Effect of clay content on permeability behavior of argillaceous porous media under stress dependence: A theoretical and experimental work, Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, 179, 787-795.
- Gang Lei, Qinzhuo Liao*, and Dongxiao Zhang (2019), A new analytical model for flow in acidized fractured-vuggy porous media, Scientific Reports, 9(1), 8293.