Dr. Qi Hao
Research Scientist III, CIPR
Qi Hao has worked on seismic anisotropy for over ten years. Before he joined KFUPM, he was a postdoc at the Department of Geosciences and Petroleum in Norwegian University of Science and Technology, where he was supervised by Dr. Alexey Stovas (NTNU) and Dr. Tariq Alkhalifah (KAUST) to study various research problems on seismic anisotropy. He has published 18 papers in international peer-reviewed journals and presented over 20 expanded abstracts at international conferences such as EAGE, SEG, and IWSA
- Ph.D. Earth Exploration and Information Technology, Jilin University, Changchun, China
- Seismic anisotropy
- Hao, Q., and A. Stovas, 2018, Approximate reflection and transmission coefficients for a thin transversely isotropic layer with a vertical symmetry axis: Geophysics, 83, no.1, C1-C11.
- Hao, Q., and T. Alkhalifah, 2017, An acoustic eikonal equation for attenuating orthorhombic media: Geophysics,82, no.4, WA67-WA81.
- Hao, Q., and T. Alkhalifah, 2017, An acoustic eikonal equation for attenuating transversely isotropic media with a vertical symmetry axis: Geophysics, 82, no. 1, C9-C20.
- Hao, Q., A. Stovas and T. Alkhalifah, 2016, The offset-midpoint traveltime pyramid of P-waves in orthorhombic media: Geophysics, 81, no.5, C151-C162.
- Hao, Q. and A. Stovas, 2016, Analytic calculation of phase and group velocities of P-waves in orthorhombic media: Geophysics, 81, no. 3, C79-C97.
- Hao, Q. and A. Stovas, 2016, Generalized moveout approximation for converted P-SV wave in vertically inhomogeneous VTI media: Geophysical Prospecting, 64, 1469-1482.
- Hao, Q. and Q. He, 2013, A standard linear solid model representation of Chapman’s frequency-dependent anisotropy induced by two sets of aligned mesoscale fractures: Journal of Seismic Exploration, 22, 169-182