Dr. Jalel Jaballah
Post-Doc Researcher, Department of Geosciences
Dr. Jalel Jaballah is a Post-Doctoral Research Fellow at KFUPM-CPG. His research focuses on sedimentology, sequence stratigraphy, diagenesis, and rock physics of carbonates. He holds a Ph.D. degree in Geology from Tunis el Manar University, Tunisia in the field of sedimentology, sequence stratigraphy, and diagenesis of the Cretaceous carbonate series of Tunisia. He combined his Ph.D. studies with working on projects for the industry involving reservoir aspect characterization.
- Ph.D. (honors), Carbonate Sedimentology / Tunis el Manar University, Faculté des Sciences de Tunis, Tunisia (2012-2017).
- M.S., Applied Geology / Carthage University, Faculté des Sciences de Bizerte, Tunisia (2009-2011).
- B.S., Earth Sciences / Carthage University, Faculté des Sciences de Bizerte, Tunisia (2004-2008).
- Sequence stratigraphy
- Diagenesis & stable isotopes
- Rock physics of carbonates
- Reservoir characterization
- Jaballah J, Reijmer J.J.G, El-Husseiny A, Le Goff J, Hairabian A and Slootman A (2021): Physical properties of Cretaceous to Eocene platform-to-basin carbonates from Albania. Marine and Petroleum Geology 128, 105022. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.marpetgeo.2021.105022.
- Negra M.H and Jaballah J (2020): The rudist-rich carbonate units in central Tunisia as markers of Late Cretaceous transgressive events. Arabian Journal of Geosciences 13, 24. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12517-020-06354.
- Jaballah J, Negra M.H and Reijmer J.J.G (2020): Middle Cenomanian–Turonian sequence stratigraphy of central-southern Tunisia: regional and global control on depositional patterns. Cretaceous Research 111, 104446. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cretres.2020.104446.
- Le Goff J, Mulder T, Gillet H, Slootman A, Cavailhes T, Ducassou E, Hanquiez V, Jaballah J and Reijmer J.J.G (2020): On the architecture of intra-formational Mass-Transport Deposits: Insights from the carbonate slopes of Great Bahama Bank and the Apulian Carbonate Platform. Marine Geology 427.
- Jaballah J and Negra M.H (2019): The Main Late Cretaceous Tectonic Episodes Controlling the Deposition of Rudist-Rich Platform Carbonates in Central Tunisia. In M. Boughdiri et al. (eds.), Paleobiodiversity and Tectono-Sedimentary Records in the Mediterranean Tethys and Related Eastern Areas, Advances in Science, Technology & Innovation. Springer Nature Switzerland. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-01452-0_62.
Extended Publications (+)
- Negra M.H and Jaballah J (2019): Late Cretaceous Transgressive-Regressive Cycles Including Rudist-Rich Units in Central Tunisia. In M. Boughdiri et al. (eds.), Paleobiodiversity and Tectono-Sedimentary Records in the Mediterranean Tethys and Related Eastern Areas, Advances in Science, Technology & Innovation. Springer Nature Switzerland. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-01452-0_45.
- Jaballah J and Negra M.H (2017): The Late Cenomanian-Coniacian Gattar and Aleg reservoirs in Sidi Bouzid area, Central Tunisia: Logging, diagenesis and reservoir implications. Journal of Tethys 5 (1), 087-102.
- Jaballah J and Negra M.H (2016): Stratigraphical and sedimentary characters of Late Cretaceous Formations outcropping in Central and Southern Tunisia, Tethyan southern margin. Journal of African Earth Sciences 124, 289-310.