Dr. Jack H.Y. Lo
Post-Doc Researcher, CIPR
Dr. Jack Lo is currently a postdoctoral researcher at the Center for Integrated Petroleum Research (CIPR). Before joining KFUPM, he was a research associate in the Department of Physics at The Chinese University of Hong Kong. He is an experimentalist who specialized in fluid mechanics and optics. His research interests are enhanced oil recovery, fluid mechanics, and soft condensed matter physics.
- Ph.D, Physics, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, 2016
- MPhil, Materials Science and Engineering, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, 2012
- BS, Physics, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, 2010
- Enhanced Oil Recovery
- Fluid Mechanics
- Soft Condensed Matter Physics
- Q. Liu, J.H.Y. Lo*, Y. Li, Y. Liu, J. Zhao, and L. Xu, The Role of Drop Shape in Impact and Splash, Nature Communications 12, 3068 (2021).
- X. Shen, C. Fang, Z. Jin, H. Tong, S. Tang, H. Shen, N. Xu, J.H.Y. Lo*, X. Xu, and L. Xu, Achieving Adjustable Elasticity with Non-Affine to Affine Transition, Nature Materials (2021).
- H. Y. Lo, Y. Liu, S.Y. Mak, Z. Xu, Y. Chao, K.J. Li, H.C. Shum & L. Xu, Diffusion-dominated Pinch-off of Ultralow Surface Tension Fluids, Physical Review Letters 123, 134501 (2019).
- H. Y. Lo, Y. Liu, & L. Xu, Mechanism of Contact between a Droplet and an Atomically Smooth Substrate, Physical Review X 7, 021036 (2017).
- H. Y. Lo, C.Y. Chan, & H.C. Ong, Direct measurement of radiative scattering of surface plasmon polariton resonance from metallic arrays by polarization-resolved reflectivity spectroscopy, Applied Physics Letters 101, 223108 (2012).
Extended Publications (+)
- H.Y. Lo & H.C. Ong, Decay rates modification through coupling of degenerate surface plasmon modes, Optics Letters 37, 2736–2738 (2012).
- Z. Cao, H.Y. Lo & H.C. Ong, Determination of absorption and radiative decay rates of surface plasmon polaritons from nanohole array, Optics Letters 37, 5166–5168 (2012).
Awards & Honors
- Young Scientist Awards (Physical/Mathematical Science), Hong Kong Institution of Science, 2018
- Best Teaching Assistant, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, 2014