Dr. Hasan Y. Al-Yousef
Adjunct Associate Professor, Petroleum Engineering Department
Dr. Hasan has been an Adjunct Associate Professor at the Department of Petroleum Engineering since 2013. Shortly after Graduating with a BS degree in Petroleum Engineering from King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, he undertook an apprenticeship as a trainee petroleum engineer with Saudi Aramco during the years 1976-77. This training was instrumental in shaping his knowledge and understanding of the Oil Industry.
His Association with KFUPM extends back to 1985 and during his long association with The University, Dr. Hasan has been involved in extensive Industrial Training, writing Publications and undertaking important research projects.
- Ph.D., Petroleum Engineering, Stanford University, Stanford, California, USA, 1985.
- M.S., Petroleum Engineering, Stanford University, Stanford, California, USA, 1981.
- B.Sc., Petroleum Engineering, University of Petroleum and Minerals, KSA, 1977.
- Petrophysics, wettability alteration, and improved oil.
- Modeling Fluid Flow and visualization of fluid displacement using X-ray and CT scanner systems.
- Celik, M.S., Shakeel, A., Al-Yousef, H.Y. and Al-Hashim, H.S. “Adsorption of Ethoxylated Sulfonates on Limestone”, Adsorption Science and Technology, 5, (1988), pp. 29-41.
- Al-Hashim, H.S., Celik, M.S., Oskay, M.M. and Al-Yousef, H.Y., “Adsorption and Precipitation Behavior of Petroleum Sulfonates from Saudi Arabian Limestone” Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, 1, (1988), pp. 335-344.
- Al-Yousef, H.Y. and Al-Marhoun, M.A. “Discussion of Correlation of PVT Properties for UAE Crudes”, SPE Formation Evaluation, March 1993, pp. 80-81.
- Al-Hashim, H.S., Kissami, M. and Al-Yousef, H.Y. “Effect of Multiple Hydraulic Fractures on Gas-Well Performance”, Journal of Petroleum Technology, June 1993, pp. 558-563.
- Aggour, M.A., Tchelepi, H.A. and Al-Yousef, H.Y., “Effect of Electroosmosis on Relative Permeabilities of Sandstones”, Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, June 1994, pp. 91-102.
- Al-Yousef, H.Y. and Al-Marhoun, M.A., “Automated Method for Smoothing Experimental Flash Liberation PVT Data”, Journal of Canadian Petroleum Technology, March 1995.
- Aggour, M.A., Al-Yousef, H.Y. and Al-Muraikhi, A.J., “Vertical Multiphase Flow Correlations for High Production Rates and Large Tubulars”, SPE Production & Facilities, Feb. 1996, pp. 41-48.
- Al-Hashim, H. S., Obiora, V., Al-Yousef, H., Fernandez, F. and Nofal, W., “Alkaline Surfactant polymer formulation for Carbonate Reservoirs”, Petroleum Science and Technology, Vol. 23, (2005), pp. 723-746.
- H. S. Al-Hashim, , Al-Yousef, H.Y., Arshad, A., Jilani,S.Z., Saif-ur-Rahman, Habelreeh, A., and Nofal, W. “Application of X-ray Scanner in Measurement of Gas Condensate Relative Permeability Using Steady – State Method”, Journal of Science and Technology ,Volume 25, Issue 8, August 2007, pages 1081 – 1097.
- Nooruddin, H. A., Hossain, M. E., Al-Yousef, H. and Okasha, T, “Comparison of permeability models using mercury injection capillary pressure data on carbonate rock samples”, JPSE, Volume 121, September 2014, pp. 9–22.
Awards & Honors
- Distinguished teacher award, College of Engineering Sciences, KFUPM, 1997.
- Distinguished research project leadership award, RI-KFUPM, 2004.