Dr. Gang Lei
Post-Doc Researcher, Department of Petroleum Engineering
Dr. Lei joined the Petroleum Engineering Department, KFUPM as a Postdoctoral Researcher in September 2018. Before joining KFUPM, he was a postdoctoral researcher at Peking University from April 2016 to April 2018. He holds a Ph.D. degree in Petroleum Engineering from China University of Petroleum-Beijing, China (2015).
- Ph.D., Petroleum Engineering, China University of Petroleum-Beijing, China, 2015
- M.Sc., Computational Mathematics, China University of Petroleum-Beijing, China, 2012
- B.S., Mathematics and Applied Mathematics, China Agricultural University, China, 2009
- Fractal theory and its application in Petroleum Engineering
- Reservoir Simulation/Flow and Transport in Porous Media
- Uncertainty Quantification/Sensitivity Analysis
- Enhanced Oil Recovery
- Lei, G., Cao, N., McPherson, B.J., Liao, Q. and Chen, W., 2019. A novel analytical model for pore volume compressibility of fractal porous media. Scientific Reports, 9(1), pp.1-11.
- Lei, G., Liao, Q., Patil, S., and Zhao, Y., 2019. Effect of clay content on permeability behavior of argillaceous porous media under stress dependence: A theoretical and experimental work. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, 179, pp.787-795.
- Lei, G., Liao, Q. and Zhang, D., 2019. A new analytical model for flow in acidized fractured-vuggy porous media. Scientific Reports, 9(1), pp.1-12.
- Lei, G., Liao, Q. and Patil, S., 2019. A fractal model for relative permeability in fractures under stress dependence. Fractals, 27(6), pp.1950092-1926.
- Liao, Q., Lei, G., Zhang, D. and Patil, S., 2019. Analytical solution for upscaling hydraulic conductivity in anisotropic heterogeneous formations. Advances in Water Resources, 128, pp.97-116.
- Lei G., Li W., Wen Q. The convective heat transfer of fractal porous media under stress condition[J]. International Journal of Thermal Science. 2019, 137: 55-63.
- Lei G., Cao N., Liu D., et al. A non-linear flow model for porous media based on conformable derivative approach[J]. Energies, 2018, 11(11): 2986.
- Lei G., Cao N., Wen Q. Permeability prediction in roughened fractures under stress condition using fractal model[J]. Fractals, 2018.
- Lei G., Mo S.Y., Dong Z.Z., et al. Theoretical and experimental study on stress-dependency of relative permeability in porous media. Fractals, 2018, 26(02): 1840010.
- Lei G., Wang C., Wu Z.S., et al. Theory study of gas-water relative permeability in roughened fractures and fractured porous media. Part C: Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science. 2018: 0954406218755185.
- Lei G., Dong Z.Z., Li W.R., et al. A theoretical study on stress sensitivity of fractal porous media with irreducible water. Fractals. 2017: 1850004.
- Lei G., Dong P.C., Wu Z.S., et al. A fractal model for the stress-dependent permeability and relative permeability in tight sandstones. Journal of Canadian Petroleum Technology, 2015. http://dx.doi.org/10.2118/173897-PA.
- Lei G., Dong P.C., Wu Z.S., et al. Multi-scale structures of porous media and the flow prediction. Journal of Natural Gas Science and Engineering, 2014, 21: 986-992.
- Lei G., Dong P.C., Mo S.Y., et al. A novel fractal model for two-phase relative permeability in porous media. Fractals, 2015:1550017.