Dr. Abdulaziz A. Al Majed
Adjunct Associate Professor, Petroleum Engineering Department
Dr. Al Majed is an experienced Academic & Industrialist of 30 years plus standing. Currently an Adjunct Associate Professor in the Department of Petroleum Engineering. Formerly, he was Chairman of the Department from 2010-12, Director of The Center for Petroleum and Minerals, Research Institute from 2002-10, and Chairman of the Department of Petroleum Engineering from 1996-2002. In addition, he is a full-time CEO-level Consultant at Mas Holding Company that successfully launched Mas Power Mech Arabia in 2013-15.
His academic distinction is reflected in the four duly filed patents under his name, successful projects undertaken and the innovative research compiled around the subject of the oil industry.
- Ph.D., Petroleum Engineering, The University of Southern California, Los Angeles, USA, 1988.
- M.S., Petroleum Engineering, Stanford University, California, USA, 1981.
- B.Sc., Petroleum Engineering (Hons.), University of Petroleum and Minerals, KSA, 1978.
- Reservoir Rock Properties
- Drilling Engineering
- Reservoir Fluid Properties
- Drilling Engineering
- Directional Drilling
- Natural Gas Engineering
- Hossain, M.E. and Al-Majed, A.A., “Fundamentals of Sustainable Drilling Engineering”. ISBN 978-0-470-87817-0, published jointly by John Wiley & Sons, Inc. Hoboken, New Jersey, and Scrivener Publishing LLC, Salem, Massachusetts, 2014
- Rahman Muhammad Kalimur; Amer Sami Abdul-Karim; Abdulaziz Al-Majed. “Portland Saudi Cement type ‘G’ with Nano silica additive for high pressure-high temperature application in high pressure high temperature application” with USPTO Serial Number 13/953,699, filed on July 29, 2013.
- Moustafa Elshafei Ahmed Elshafei, Mohammed Khamis, Abdulaziz Al-Majed; Awotunde Abeeb A. “Online Drilling Support System Device and Method”. In Process of Filing.
- Moustafa Elshafei Ahmed Elshafei, Amar Bachir Amar Khoukhi, Abdulaziz A. Al-Majed, Talib Mohamaad DIRECTIONAL SYSTEM DRILLING AND METHOD” with application number “US14/293,666” filed on “June 2, 2014”.
- Rahman Muhammad Kalimur, Mobeen Murtuza, Abdulaziz Al-Majed, Mesfer M. Al-Zahrani. “Saudi type-G cement and nanoclay for high pressure and high temperature”. KFUPM Reference No: KACST 732.
Awards & Honors
- Winner of the Best Advisor Award, College of Engineering Sciences, KFUPM, 1993-94.
- Winner of Prince Muhammad Award for Best Scientific Research, 1993-94 (Member, Wettability Project, Research Institute, KFUPM).
- Winner of Distinguished Research Team Award 1995/96 (Member, Rock Compressibility Project, Research Institute. KFUPM).
- Winner of British Council Summer Research Grant in UK Universities 2001.
- Winner of British Council Summer Research Grant in UK Universities 2007.