Dr. Abdulaziz A. Al Majed
Adjunct Associate Professor, Department of Petroleum Engineering
Dr. Al Majed is an experienced Academic & Industrialist of 30 years plus standing. Currently an Adjunct Associate Professor in the Department of Petroleum Engineering. Formerly, he was Chairman of the Department from 2010-12, Director of The Center for Petroleum and Minerals, Research Institute from 2002-10, and Chairman of the Department of Petroleum Engineering from 1996-2002. In addition, he is a full-time CEO-level Consultant at Mas Holding Company that successfully launched Mas Power Mech Arabia in 2013-15.
His academic distinction is reflected in the four duly filed patents under his name, successful projects undertaken and the innovative research compiled around the subject of the oil industry.
- Ph.D., Petroleum Engineering, The University of Southern California, Los Angeles, USA, 1988.
- M.S., Petroleum Engineering, Stanford University, California, USA, 1981.
- B.Sc., Petroleum Engineering (Hons.), University of Petroleum and Minerals, KSA, 1978.
- Reservoir Rock Properties
- Drilling Engineering
- Reservoir Fluid Properties
- Drilling Engineering
- Directional Drilling
- Natural Gas Engineering
- Jung J. Kim a, Muhammad K. Rahman b, Abdulaziz A. Al-Majed, Mesfer M. Al-Zahrani d,Mahmoud M. Reda Taha e, Nanosilica effects on composition and silicate polymerization in hardened cement paste cured under high temperature and pressure Cement & Concrete Composites 43 (2013) 78–85.
- Saad Alafnan, Murtada Aljawad, Fahd Alismail, Abdulaziz A. Al-Majed,” Enhanced Recovery from Gas Condensate Reservoirs through Renewable Energy Sources”. Energy Fuels, Published August 21, 2019
- Amjed M. Hassan, Mohamed A. Mahmoud, Abdulaziz A. Al-Majed, Dhafer Al-Shehri, Ayman R. Al-Nakhli, and Mohammed A. Bataweel,” Gas Production from Gas Condensate Reservoirs Using Sustainable Environmentally Friendly Chemicals”. Sustainability 2019, 11, 2838.
- Salaheldin Elkatatny, Tural Jafarov, Abdulaziz A. Al-Majed, Mohamed A. Mahmoud,” Formation Damage Avoidance by Reducing Invasion with Sodium Silicate-Modified Water-based Drilling Fluid”, Energies. Published 19 April 2019.
- Abdelmjeed Mohamed; Salaheldin Elkatatny, and Abdulaziz A. Al- Majed, “Removal of Calcium Carbonate Water-Based Filter Cake Using a Green Biodegradable Acid” Sustainability Accepted Jan. 2020.
Awards & Honors
- Winner of the Best Advisor Award, College of Engineering Sciences, KFUPM, 1993-94.
- Winner of Prince Muhammad Award for Best Scientific Research, 1993-94 (Member, Wettability Project, Research Institute, KFUPM).
- Winner of Distinguished Research Team Award 1995/96 (Member, Rock Compressibility Project, Research Institute. KFUPM).
- Winner of British Council Summer Research Grant in UK Universities 2001.
- Winner of British Council Summer Research Grant in UK Universities 2007.