Dr. Alade Olalekan Saheed
Post-Doc Researcher, Petroleum Engineering Department
Dr. Olalekan S. Alade joined the Petroleum Engineering Department, KFUPM as a Postdoctoral Researcher in May 2018. He holds a Ph.D. degree in Earth Resources Engineering from Kyushu University, Japan (2017), with specialties in hydrocarbon resources production. His research experiences span thermal and non-thermal methods for heavy and extra-heavy oil (bitumen) recovery, production, and transportation, heavy oil extraction from oil sand and upgrading. During his doctoral studies, he worked in collaboration and shared research information with the Kuraray Company, Japan, and Japan Petroleum Exploration Co. Ltd. Dr. Alade is an active member of SPE and was a recipient of the SPE Star Fellowship Award between 2013 and 2016.
- Ph.D., Earth Resources Engineering
- M.S., Chemical Engineering
- B.Tech., Chemical Engineering
General focus: Petroleum Production Engineering and Enhanced Oil Recovery
Current and future areas of interest:
- Advanced EOR methods for heavy and extra heavy oil (bitumen), tarmat and oil sands
- Particulate processes in porous media and formation damage
- Natural gas production
- Microbial EOR systems (bio-kinetics and energetic as related to EOR)
- O.S. Alade, K. Sasaki, B. Ademodi, Y. Sugai, K.T. Konadu, E.A. Owusu, R. Ueda, Kinetics of Thermal degradation of a Japanese Oil Sand. Egyptian Journal of Petroleum,Elsevier, DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ejpe.2017.08.001.
- O.S. Alade, K. Sasaki, Y. Sugai, B. Ademodi, M. Nakano, 2016. Bitumen Emulsification using a Hydrophilic Polymeric Surfactant: Performance Evaluation in the Presence of Salinity. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, Elsevier, 138: 66-76.
- J. Kumasaka, K. Sasaki, Y. Sugai, O.S. Alade, M. Nakano, 2016. Measurement of Viscosity Alteration for Emulsion and Numerical Simulation on Bitumen Production by SAGD Considering In-situ Emulsification. Journal of Earth Science and Engineering, 6, 10-17. DOI: 10.17265/2159-581X/2016.01.002.
- O.S. Alade, B. Ademodi, K. Sasaki, Y. Sugai, J. Kumasaka, A.S. Ogunlaja, 2016. Development of models to predict the viscosity of a compressed Nigerian bitumen and rheological properties of its emulsions. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, Elsevier, 145:711-722.
- O.S. Alade, K. Sasaki, A.S. Ogunlaja, Y. Sugai, B. Ademodi, J. Kumasaka, M. Nakano, R. Ueda. 2016. Thermal tolerance and Compatibility of NaOH-Poly (vinyl alcohol) in Bitumen Emulsification for Improved Flow properties. Energy and Fuels, ACS (DOI: 10.1021/ac.energyfuels.6b02060).
- O.S. Alade, K. Sasaki, Y. Sugai, B. Ademodi, J. Kumasaka, R. Ueda, 2017. Effect of emulsification process conditions on the properties of water-in-bitumen emulsion. Journal of Japanese Association for Petroleum Technology, 2: 156-165.
- S. Ogunlaja, O.S. Alade, Z.R. Tshentu, 2016. Vanadium (IV) catalyzed oxidation of organosulfur compounds in heavy fuel oil. Comptes Rendus Chimie, Elsevier. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.crci.2016.04.007
- S. Ogunlaja, O.S. Alade, 2017. Catalysed oxidation of quinoline in model fuel and the selective extraction of quinlline-N-oxide with imidazoline-based ionic liquids. Egyptian Journal of Petroleum,Elsevier, DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ejpe.2017.02.004.
- S. Ogunlaja, O.S. Alade, E.O. Odebunmi, A. Majavu, R.S. Wamsley, Z.R. Tshentu, 2014. The ratios of vanadium to nickel and phenanthrene to dibenzothiophene as means of identifying petroleum source. Petroleum Science and Technology, Taylors and Francis, USA. 2283-2291
- Ryo Ohashi, Kyuro Sasaki, Yuichi Sugai, Alade S. Olalekan. A Production Scheme for Bitumen Production from Oil Sands Reservoir with Forming Emulsion by Injecting Hot Surfactant Solution. The 23rd Formation Evaluation Symposium of Japan, October 11-12, 2017. https://www.onepetro.org/conference-paper/SPWLA-JFES-2017-F
- Ademodi, O.S. Alade, S.O. Abolarin, S.O. Adelakun, 2014. A Preliminary Investigation on Cyclic Steam Stimulation Recovery of Nigerian Heavy Oil. Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE), Lagos, Nigeria. doi:10.2118/172362-MS. June, 2014.
- O.S. Alade, W. Cong, Y. Sugai, K. Sasaki. Experimental Study and Simulation of Gasification Characteristics of Low-Rank Coal by Rapid heating under CO2-rich Condition. Accepted October, 2017 in Journal of Applied Research and Technology, Elsevier.
Awards & Honors
- Kyushu University Doctoral Student Scholarship (2016)
- Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) Star Fellowship (2013-2017)
- Best Paper, Surface Facility, World Heavy Oil Congress, Calgary, Canada (2016)